TP Excursions - which to book

K&R

My intent was never to buy a pearl but I just always like to look at what is the hot item.....so we looked at several stores and I never saw anything I liked. . ...since pearls require care I seemed to be attracted to the mounted ones I am sure my mounting (with a small diamond chip in it which I noticed while purchasing:)) added more to the value of my piece than the pearl.

Our purchase was made at Bergman & Sons....they gave us a cerificate of Authenticity showing it is an 18ct gold pendant,a cook island cultured pearl,peacock green rose color, round, 8mm etc...I wanted a small size, that really reduces the price..but then color,lusture and shape really increase it.

When I saw this piece I really like it and said, why not...I enjoyed wearing it on formal night and received many compliments. It was 1000. NzD's about $600.

Looking around afterwards At tahitian pearls and colors I though I got a fair price...many people state pearls are cheaper in the cook islands. I took my pendant to the "jewlery shop" on the ship trying to match the pearls and was told it would be hard because mine was from the cook islands, but she did say, she was surprised I had selected a nice one. She was very partial to her stock......we went to her lecture on pearls...boring.......claims you can save 50-75% buying from princesss, I don't doubt that, I just like a little color in my Black pearl.......the ships don't have much in my opinion.

Do some research before you go.....I am just happy I purchased something, its my only keepsake from this trip. L:) ri

Re: Captain Amitrano.

I heard a rumor he was leaving the ship in the near future, but I could never confirm it. Seems like a nice fellow on the occasion that I met him. Did not seem to like speaking at the captain's functions and had very brief remarks. I am sure we were told about his service but I can't recall the specifics. Sorry.

Archived