Why we won't be cruising with P & O in the near future

Tayscot

Sailed Celebrity and Fred last year, both for the first time. Hugely disappointed in Celebrity - it was such an anticlimax as we were expecting so much more in terms of a cruise experience. It was a very similar offering to Princess actually, and we also think that the Princess product has declined in terms of quality of food and service.

On the other hand, we were somewhat dreading going on Fred (Braemar) as we had seen the tv programme, but the price was too good to refuse. However, in the event, we had a wonderful cruise with the MDR food being the best of any of our 30 cruises, in our opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree Dorset Cruiser. We have been on Celebrity Eclipse and Fred.Olsen Braemar and much prefer Braemar. The Eclipse is a beautiful ship, but nothing like as friendly as Braemar. Also the drink prices on Celebrity are ridiculous, not to mention the fact that they are constantly trying to sell you something, wine tasting, coffee, artwork.......... etc.

I know the feeling. Having sailed with both P&O and Celebrity over the last few years, I find Celebrity much more to my taste. The only thing which dissuades me from sailing with them more often is their practice (in common with most US lines) of charging a 100% single supplement. P&Os single supplements, though much higher than they used to be, are still very reasonable by comparison. If however, should Celebrity lower theirs or P&O increase theirs ....

Have you considered a cruise with Azamara Club Cruises? I've sailed with them several times on both Quest and Journey. They often have offers for solo travellers with just a 25% solo supplement. The Transatlantic cruises attract lots of solo passengers. Although the initial price may appear expensive, as they are almost all inclusive they compare favourably with the mainstream cruise lines. They also offer a far superior on board experience, compared to that offered by P&O.

Have you considered a cruise with Azamara Club Cruises? I've sailed with them several times on both Quest and Journey. They often have offers for solo travellers with just a 25% solo supplement. The Transatlantic cruises attract lots of solo passengers. Although the initial price may appear expensive, as they are almost all inclusive they compare favourably with the mainstream cruise lines. They also offer a far superior on board experience, compared to that offered by P&O.

We sailed on Quest. I really couldnt make my mind up about the whole Azamara experience. We got off not knowing if we had had a good cruise of not!

I dont know if it was trying to be something it isnt or if our expectations were too high after Silversea.

There was nothing wrong with it but, I'm not sure we'd cruise Azamara again.