Just booked my first B2B and firct cruise out of Miami!!! Any tips?

heatherkristin

My fiance and I did it! We booked our honeymoon and settled on a B2B cruise:

April 17, 2016: 6 Day Western Caribbean (Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico)

April 23, 2016: 8 Day Eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten; Antigua; St. Thomas; Amber Cove, Dominican Republic)

out of Miami on the Breeze! This is two big firsts for us, first B2B and first cruise out of Miami (most of my cruises have left out of Long Beach). So this time I will be planning flights and transportation and all the works.

I am so excited! Any tips I should know first and foremost? Does anyone know which of the ports are tender ports? My searching has told me Grand Cayman is the only definite. We had FTTF on our last cruise and LOVED It so I am interested if it would be beneficial on these cruises.

Thanks so much! The countdown needs to get a movin!

April 17, 2016: 6 Day Western Caribbean (Falmouth, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico)

April 23, 2016: 8 Day Eastern Caribbean (St. Maarten; Antigua; St. Thomas; Amber Cove, Dominican Republic)

out of Miami on the Breeze! This is two big firsts for us, first B2B and first cruise out of Miami (most of my cruises have left out of Long Beach). So this time I will be planning flights and transportation and all the works.

I am so excited! Any tips I should know first and foremost? Does anyone know which of the ports are tender ports? My searching has told me Grand Cayman is the only definite. We had FTTF on our last cruise and LOVED It so I am interested if it would be beneficial on these cruises.

When we cruise out of Miami we usually fly into Ft Lauderdale. We go southwest so we don't have to pay for luggage. It is only about a 20-30 minute drive to Miami and we get a shuttle for $15pp. Congratulations on your wedding.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congrats on booking your first B2B. I am hoping to do one in April on the Valor. Out of those ports Grand Cayman is the only tender port. FTTF would be beneficial for Grand Cayman since it is a tender port.

Check flights out of SFO,OAK, Sacramento and san jose. You can fly into MIA or FLL or get a rental car and fly into West palm beach or Tampa. Staying the night before in a hotel. Miami cost more for hotels.

We do not pay for FTF. We get to the port early around 10AM. We are always an early zone. We get off the ships early so no need to buy FTF.

Are you beach goers? Bring your own snorkel gear. Buy an inner tube at Kmart. The are small to pack and easy to carry to the beach. Take public busses to get to the beaches. If you need more snorkel information-ask. We do these ports all the time.

If you want to pay for fun----Grand Cayman go to Stingray City. In Coz swim with the dolphins. St. Maarten go to Orange Fever to swim and eat or go see the airplane land by the airport. St.Thomas take the city bus to the beach.

Watch sail away from the port side of the ship- up on the higher decks. People wave to the ship, boats follow the ship and wave riders are all around. When coming back into port ( 5AM) get up early to watch the ship pull into Miami. The view is fantastic.

Now I want to go!

Have a great time.