Victor Bodden zip line.

packard89

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out. This will be my first time zip lining. I had an opportunity to do it in Belize and I chickened out. And have regretted it ever since! My biggest fear is not necessarily heights......but of dropping. (Like the first drop on a steep roller coaster.) I HATE that feeling. So my question is....are there any steep drops on this zip line tour?? And how many different lines are there? I'm just trying to prepare myself.

Thank you in advance,

Kirsten

Edited by packard89

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out. This will be my first time zip lining. I had an opportunity to do it in Belize and I chickened out. And have regretted it ever since! My biggest fear is not necessarily heights......but of dropping. (Like the first drop on a steep roller coaster.) I HATE that feeling. So my question is....are there any steep drops on this zip line tour?? And how many different lines are there? I'm just trying to prepare myself.

Thank you in advance,

Kirsten

My kids did the zip line back in 2012. I was watching and honestly, I didn't think they were that high at all considering some other pics of zip lines I have seen. I've never zip lined but you are more in a "backyard" vs going over a "forest". Sorry but I don't remember how many lines there were. I don't think it was many. I think it will be fine for your first time.

They have two different options, one more tame than the other. We did the "extreme" option and it wasn't that bad. I HATE heights but I LOVED doing this. They just had to push me off that first one. ;)

They have two different options, one more tame than the other. We did the "extreme" option and it wasn't that bad. I HATE heights but I LOVED doing this. They just had to push me off that first one. ;)

I guess I'll have to do the more extreme one because that's what my group will want to do..... And I will most definitely need a push as well!!! Lord help me!!!! 😂

Kirsten

Unless it has changed...there wasn't "options" at Boddens zip line when we were there. There wasn't an "extreme" or anything. Are you sure you are not talking about the Pirates zip line? They have several different options which they list on their website that says "extreme" or "extreme-extreme" and so on. :confused:

Unless it has changed...there wasn't "options" at Boddens zip line when we were there. There wasn't an "extreme" or anything. Are you sure you are not talking about the Pirates zip line? They have several different options which they list on their website that says "extreme" or "extreme-extreme" and so on. :confused:

Oh good, I'd rather not do extreme anything!!! Maybe the person that replied thought I was talking about the other one you referred to.

Were you happy with Victor Bodden? And how long ago were you there?

Thanks.

Kirsten

Oh good, I'd rather not do extreme anything!!! Maybe the person that replied thought I was talking about the other one you referred to.

Were you happy with Victor Bodden? And how long ago were you there?

Thanks.

Kirsten

Well....

Not to deter you from going, but we had a few "complications" when we went. I questioned their safety when I was there because I had just landed on the platform and one of the workers decided to go ahead and go, slammed into me, threw me up against the pole and scratched my legs up pretty bad, knocked the wind out of me and then took off and kept going. I had a pretty sore chest and legs after that. He didn't even bother to stop and see if I was ok. On another platform, my daughter (who was 3 at the time and ziplining by herself, not tandem) came in behind me and they unhooked her and didn't hook her to the safety line at the platform. I grabbed her and hung on for dear life. I was really "ticked" after that. Then when we were at the monkeys, one of them attacked my daughter when she was standing there and my husband had to swat him away and it came back again for another attack and the worker in the cage finally grabbed it and we hurried out. It was much later before they come up to us and said "they've had injections" or something like that (meaning shots I HOPE), but never even ask how she was...she had teeth marks. It kinda scared her for years before she would hold another monkey.

So...I personally would not go back to them. BUT, this is just MY experience. However, plenty of people on this board goes there and has a great time with no incidence at all. I wouldn't say don't go, just be careful. Things can happen to anyone at any time and I do HOPE this was an isolated incident since I have never heard anyone on here say that they have had it happen to them (other than the monkeys biting...I have read a lot of reviews saying that in the past). :)

We've done zip lining at Victor's twice. I was 63 the first time and 65 the second. It was great fun. We had no safety issues or concerns. Our guides were very conscious of our landing on each of the platforms. My ONLY complaint was that the driver, on both trips, tried to stop in some out of the way "local shopping area." I was not comfortable with that and both times they accepted my decision not to stop. We're going back in March. I am now 66 and will zip line again.