La Romana with Toddler

JordanLovesCruisin

Hello! We are going to be in La Romana on Cinco de Mayo.

We will have our 20 month old with us. He's done great on the two previous cruises and beaches.

What should we do with him? Is there a beach with shade or somewhere we could go with AC nearby? We did the clamshells before in Half Moon Cay which worked well, found a shade spot in St Thomas, etc.

What do you recommend? Please don't say to leave him at home because that's not happening.

Iv'e been cruising with my son since he was 9 months old...I stopped in La Romana when he was one month shy of turning 4 years old. I really did a lot of research on things to do with him that were safe, etc. I first decided to take him to Dreams all-inclusive, but later decided to just leave him on the ship at Camp Carnival while we went to a different all-inclusive resort. It would have been fine to take him, but I didn't fell like messing with a car seat, etc. If I went there again, I would opt to stay on the ship-I did not feel like it was a safe port with a lot of options for children. There is not even an option to walk around shops/bars in the immediate port area. There is no beach within walking distance that I know of.