Breakaway 2 bedroom

dmtb518

Good morning. Looking into breakaway 2 bedroom suite. Has anyone really stayed in this room with 5-6 adults. Where would we sleep? Thanks.

We had one on our last Breakaway cruise, but there were just 2 of us. There is a bunk and a sofa in the extra bedroom and a sofa in the living room The extra bedroom is wide enough to open the sofa for 2 people.

Looked like plenty of storage space in the extra bedroom, and the extra bathroom is larger than the one on the 2 bedroom suites on the GEM and DAWN that I've cruised in.

Hopefully someone will post with actual experience with more guests in those cabins. :)

While you can sleep up to 6 people, I think it would be very tight. Two in master, one on fold-down bed and one in pull-down bed (like a Murphy bed in the ceiling) in second bedroom, two on couch. The bathrooms/closets especially would feel overrun in my opinion.

Good morning. Looking into breakaway 2 bedroom suite. Has anyone really stayed in this room with 5-6 adults. Where would we sleep? Thanks.

Yes, I have stayed in an H4 on Breakaway with 6 adults.

The breakdown of Adults is as follows:

DH/Me

My Mom

My 16 year old son that is 6'4"

My dd-21 and her friend

My mom took us on this cruise so she got the Master Bedroom.

She and my ds slept in the Master Bedroom.

My dh/I slept in the second bedroom together on the pull out couch. My dh is a big guy, I'm 5'6" and not a big girl and we were fine (I was nervous we wouldn't be and even if it was tight, I could have slept on the pull down in the second room on the ceiling).

My dd/her friend are very thin and they both slept on the pull out couch in the LV.

Everything fit but I am extremely organized. The key to having it all work was organization and everything, even a shoe, being put back in it's place. Nothing was left out.

We are 5 in an H4 next year on the Breakaway and my mom is with my sister's family as 6 in an H4.

I would do it again to stay in the Haven LOL

Edited by js

WOW! I cannot imagine 6 adults...are you REALLY close?

Much of the space in the master is bathroom. There is no a true door between the master and the living room,which has the small pullout. The second bedroom is small. Period. I had 3 teens-SMALL ones -sharing the space and it was tight.

There is plenty of space for storage, just not for people.

I don't mean to come off as a biotch, but the H4s on the Breakaway class are not as spacious or well laid out as on the Jewel class. I also need my privacy, and there is none in the H4 unless all parties have gone to a bedroom. A conversation in the LR , or the TV playing is totally heard in the other rooms-more so in the master.

The bed in the second BR could fit 2 small children-not two adults. The second BR is very VERY dark-even with the lights on, and storage minimal. Everything must be put back as soon as it is used.

FWIW-the sofa bed is a rock. So is the sofa, for that matter! We are going with adjoining suites from now on. The H4 on Getaway was a disappointment.

6 adults would be very hard to fit in the 2 bedroom suite. The bed in the small bedroom folds out. One person has to sleep on the inside against the wall and climb over the other to get out of the bed. It is also hard as a rock and you can feel the indent of where it opens as you lie on it. There is also very little storage space but there are drawers in the living room.

Done the second bed on Jade,Epic and Breakaway.

The 2nd bed is fine for 2 adults as long as you are not too big(as in wide)

One of you does have to sleep against the wall so the getup in the night person best on the outside.

Allthough hard get 2 toppers and it is fine, we just have it made up as a bed and leave, it less work for the cabin steward and much easier for the mid day naps.

Storage is a bit limited but you can always have some stuff in the master closet, just keep the stuff you need for the next few days.

With the Havens you have the extra bathroom facilities in the haven area so consider the cabins closest to that facility if there are more than 4 of you, people can nip out to take a shower when things get busy like getting ready for dinner

Hi

I have booked a 2 bedroom suite on the Epic for May. There will be Me and DH in main bedroom, DD(28) in the second bedroom and DS(26) on the Sofa. Son does not need much in the way of bedding, would probably be happy sleeping in a sleeping bag on the Sofa.

In the 2nd bedroom, do they turn the Sofa into a bed each night and back into a Sofa during the day, or do they leave it as a bed for the duration of the cruise.

Main Sofa same question, do the turn it into a bed each night and back into a Sofa for day use?

Thanks

Heather

Hi

I have booked a 2 bedroom suite on the Epic for May. There will be Me and DH in main bedroom, DD(28) in the second bedroom and DS(26) on the Sofa. Son does not need much in the way of bedding, would probably be happy sleeping in a sleeping bag on the Sofa.

In the 2nd bedroom, do they turn the Sofa into a bed each night and back into a Sofa during the day, or do they leave it as a bed for the duration of the cruise.

Main Sofa same question, do the turn it into a bed each night and back into a Sofa for day use?

Thanks

Heather

You decide,

In the living room it would be inconvenient left as a bed,

2nd bedroom we prefer to have it left as a bed.

On the BA, we had the couch in Living Room made up each day, while in the second bedroom, we kept the couch made up as a bed all week.

I was extremely worried for over a year about our set up and it really was fine. My dh is wide, Im not, and i slept fine with him in the second bedroom.

js

Oh , my! I would not put 6 adults in the 2BR.

There is no privacy in this suite.

The bed in the 2nd bedroom is only the size of a twin plus ( not even a full) when pulled out.

We, too, were underwhelmed by the layout and comfort of the H4. The master bed, however, is AMAZING. So dang cushy...

Remember also that there is no door between the bathroom and the master bedroom, so if you are needing private bathroom time anyone in the MBR would have to leave. The little curtain leaves no room for the modest.

Also- there is no bathroom access except through the bedrooms. If the two people sleeping in the living room need the bathroom during the night, they have to go in to one of the bedrooms, waking the sleep- ees. In the second bedroom, if the bed is pulled out it would be impossible,to access the bathroom without practically crawling over the people in the bed. The bathroom is In The back of this room.

By the same token, if the 2 people in the MBR awaken and want out, they have to disturb those in the living room.

For me, using this suite for 6 adults would be like camping. The luxury of it would be gone. You would get a great price, but I don't know if the compromises are worth it. The old adage " no one spends time in their cabin" only works if nobody is tired, needs a nap, a break, feels seasick and wants to rest etc....

I would, however, reeling back all I just said, stay with 4 of my girlfriends in this suite.

Not 5- too tight. But I could see a fun time for a ladies getaway cruise . Much different than if there are couples involved.

There is only table seating for 4 .