DIY Report Brugge from Zeebrugge on a Sunday

Quote: "Amateur photographer"...I think not!! They are fantastic!

We will be there end of July so hope we get the chance to have a similar experience as yourselves!

Thanks for posting !!

Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed the photos

Regards

Petra

Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed the photos

Regards

Petra

Hello Petra. Your photos are stunning. Thanks for sharing them. Re the taxi could you please tell me how much time you allowed for your visit in Bruges? Did you have to decide in advance how long would you spend there, or did you play it by ear with the driver while en route?

thx

Hello Petra. Your photos are stunning. Thanks for sharing them. Re the taxi could you please tell me how much time you allowed for your visit in Bruges? Did you have to decide in advance how long would you spend there, or did you play it by ear with the driver while en route?

thx

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for the compliment. We arranged for the taxi pick-up at the port at 8:30 am, because it was a Sunday and the stores did not open until 9 am. The cab picked us up again from Brugge at 3pm. We were back on the ship by 3:30 and the ship departed at 4.

In retrospect, I would have prefered to disembark earlier to have more time to wander around without crowds. But my hubby and I were overruled!

Hope this helps

Regards

Petra

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for the compliment. We arranged for the taxi pick-up at the port at 8:30 am, because it was a Sunday and the stores did not open until 9 am. The cab picked us up again from Brugge at 3pm. We were back on the ship by 3:30 and the ship departed at 4.

In retrospect, I would have prefered to disembark earlier to have more time to wander around without crowds. But my hubby and I were overruled!

Hope this helps

Regards

Petra

That's all very helpful Petra, thank you so much.

Ssislandgirl, can you please tell me how you got to Rony's taxi from the ship? I've reserved Rony's for an upcoming trip and am getting conflicting information about where they meet you. Did you have to take a shuttle to the main gate to meet the Rony's driver? If so, was the shuttle run by the port or the ship? Is the shuttle right outside the ship? Did it take long to get on the shuttle and get to the gate? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks!

Ssislandgirl, can you please tell me how you got to Rony's taxi from the ship? I've reserved Rony's for an upcoming trip and am getting conflicting information about where they meet you. Did you have to take a shuttle to the main gate to meet the Rony's driver? If so, was the shuttle run by the port or the ship? Is the shuttle right outside the ship? Did it take long to get on the shuttle and get to the gate? Sorry for so many questions! Thanks!

Hi Pugsley,

I'll be happy to tell you how we met up with Rony's. We left the ship and immediately saw the bus from Celebrity which was provided free of charge. We boarded the bus and went on a 2 min ride, maybe 400 yards, across an open area until we left the bus at a small gate with an attached parking lot where all the pre-reserved cabs were waiting. Honestly we could have easily walked, but we just had no idea how far it would be. On the way back from Brugge, we were dropped off at the same gate, where the bus was waiting again. This time we walked back to the ship while other passengers elected to ride the bus again.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Enjoy your day in Brugge!

Regards

Petra