Italian restaurant on Pride of America

Lorey2007

Is there a Italian restaurant on Pride of America? On the deck plans I see something called "Little Italy". I am able to make reservations now for the specialty restaurants and there is not an Italian one listed.:confused: If there is one can you only make reservations once onboard?

Is there a Italian restaurant on Pride of America? On the deck plans I see something called "Little Italy". I am able to make reservations now for the specialty restaurants and there is not an Italian one listed.:confused: If there is one can you only make reservations once onboard?

La Cucina is the Specialty Italian Venue at $15 /person

La Cucina is on deck 11. I'm not seeing where you are finding 'Little Italy' on NCL's website. Everything I'm looking at refers to La Cucina. Not sure the name matters all that much anyway. My point being that there is an Italian specialty venue onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

La Cucina is on deck 11. I'm not seeing where you are finding 'Little Italy' on NCL's website. Everything I'm looking at refers to La Cucina. Not sure the name matters all that much anyway. My point being that there is an Italian specialty venue onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From NCL's website under Ships, Pride of America, and then deck plans, deck 11.You will need to change the deck from 8 to 11 on the link below.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pride-of-america/deck-plans#PRIDE_AMER_R090713_Large_Balcony_B6_B7_R-gallery

Edited by Lorey2007

I have the feeling that the deck plans on NCL's website are out of date. The press release announcing the 2013 drydock mentions that Lazy J's Steakhouse would be converted to Cagney's and that Moderno Churrascaria would be added -- both these changes are reflected in the deck plans on the website. I assume that the Italian restaurant on deck 11, formerly called Little Italy, was renamed La Cucina at the same time. The description of specialty restaurants uses the new name (La Cucina):

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pride-of-america/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

but the deck plan for deck 11 still shows it as Little Italy:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pride-of-america/deck-plans

So I now assume they are one and the same place. The question is whether the menus and quality changed, so that all pre-2013 reviews are out of date for this restaurant, or whether it was just a marketing change. Anyone know?