Oceana July 2015 Venice Port question

Triplalot

Hello all this is my first question so please excuse my stupidity :).

I'm not a complete cruising novice since my family have cruised previously, albeit more than 15 years ago with NCL (which we loved) and Disney (was OK), but this will be our first with P&O. I have been reading the forum posts and Oceana reviews so most of my questions have been answered, however I am hoping that somebody can provide details of where the ship is likely to be berthed at Venice Port from where we depart on July 1st? So that I can finalize my travel plans since we are not flying and do not have transfers with P&O (living on mainland Europe we have decided to drive and spend a few days in Venice prior to the cruise). Luckily this will be our first cruise without child who has happily reached adulthood. Please can anybody assist? Also I will be happy to receive tips to get the most out of our 14 day cruise.

Oceana will be berthed at the Venice Cruise Terminal. Which actual berth I don't know - there are several - but that's where she'll be. She has to do disembarkations and embarkations so she'll need to be at the terminal.

The Venice Cruise Terminal is right at the western end of the main island of Venice, and almost the bit nearest the mainland. There are roads to it! - something that's not true of many other parts of The city of Venice. So If you're staying on the mainland for your pre-cruise holiday you can get the train to the station and walk from there; get a public bus to Piazzale Roma, the main bus terminus; or get a (road) taxi direct to the cruise terminal. You could also get a water taxi, but that would be expensive.

The map at the bottom of this webpage shows the location of the main cruise terminal. The berth that Oceana will use will one of those labelled '1'.

Edited by tom_uk