Question About Drinks Package (payment)

Hi All,

I'm heading off from Sydney on the Voyager to Noumea / Fiji on 5th March and am wanting to purchase a drinks package.

The issue I have is that when I go to cruise planner the packages are listed in AUD, however, they are much more expensive than purchasing in USD with the current exchange rate.

For example - Ultimate Package is $80.60 AUD per day in the planner, but listed as $55 USD on the website ($70.14 AUD). $110 difference over an 11 day cruise is money that could be better spent on a shore excursion or massage etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to purchase the package in USD?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm heading off from Sydney on the Voyager to Noumea / Fiji on 5th March and am wanting to purchase a drinks package.

The issue I have is that when I go to cruise planner the packages are listed in AUD, however, they are much more expensive than purchasing in USD with the current exchange rate.

For example - Ultimate Package is $80.60 AUD per day in the planner, but listed as $55 USD on the website ($70.14 AUD). $110 difference over an 11 day cruise is money that could be better spent on a shore excursion or massage etc.

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to purchase the package in USD?

Thanks in advance.

If you buy it onboard, you pay in USD. That's one way to do it in USD.

BUT: i think there is a difference with the 15% gratuities. At least in Europe, the price INCLUDES 15% gratuity. In US, I think they now add the 15% on top of the published price (it used to include it but they recently changed the rule). Real price shows only in the cruise planner after you accept the purchase.

Do check AUS rules, too, to confirm you are comparing apples to apples.