For those that did a beach wedding with just the 2 of you...

So we are considering doing a beach ceremony as we both really want to have our feet in the sand and love the beach and ocean so much. It will just be the two of us (second marriages for both).

Since it will be just us...I am trying to imagine how the day would go. If we go for an earlier wedding...what did you do afterwards? go to the beach? Excursion? Relax? Back on the boat? If you could share your experiences that would be great! I know we want to spend some time afterwards getting pictures done but just not sure after (I will have my hair done up but have a simple dress).

Thanks!

I always loved the idea of a beach wedding with just us, so I wish you the VERY best. This is our second marriage as well, unfortunately both of our moms threw a fit at the idea of us eloping without anyone else being there so we decided doing a cruise wedding was our next best option.

Do you know which stop you plan to get married on? If you happen to go to Cozumel I would recommend Nachi Cocum for the remainder of the day. It's booked outside of the cruise line but it's a phenomenal private beach that has a limited number of guests each day. There is open bar and open food. The food it served like a restaurant and you get it as you order it. The service is amazing as well. They have manual water sports included in your beach day and have other options for a fee such as jet skiing or para-sailing. It's a gorgeous beach and extremely relaxing if you get the chance to go. :)

DH and I got married "just the two of us" in St. Thomas 10 years ago. I know we went back to the ship, changed and went back on the island (from the pictures) but I can't remember what we did in St. Thomas that day.