Best tour company for the rays.

sewolfe

We just got back from a trip with Stingray Sailing.

It was a great trip at a MUCH better price than what the ship offered, in a more personal environment.

I procrastinated planning our Cayman excursion and the cruise departure snuck up on me. I came here looking for suggestions and was initially steered to a couple competitors. Neither had room on the day we were in port, but the second operator suggested I call Stingray Sailing, because he thought they had space.

My email was answered instantly and the communication as I made the reservation was great. Chip (I assume to be the owner and Captain) was right on the pier waiting for us as scheduled, easy to find, just beyond the HUGE crowd at the ship excursion gathering point. It was my family, plus one other. We got right into his mini-bus, made a couple very quick stops on the way to the marina to pick up some other guests and we were off.

The boat was great, his dad was the other crew member...plenty of (free) cold bottled water (soda/beer for a few bucks). The best part was that we were not crowded at all. Plenty of space for everyone, in the shade, in the sun...whatever you wanted. We brought our own snorkel gear, but the stuff he had for our use looked pretty nice...nicer than what I usually see on trips like this.

We were much less crowded than the other boats at the sandbar, he gave everyone plenty of time and plenty of food for the stingrays and then went a short distance to a very nice reef. It was a perfect reef for kids or those new to snorkeling. Plenty to see, lots of fish and the coral was in good shape.

After an appropriate amount of time on the reef we headed back in (I'm sure he would have gotten us all out of the water eventually, but I think we left when everyone decided for themselves that they were done).

Easy ride back to the ship, or wherever else we wanted to go on the way...

It was a fantastic experience...great crew, but I was most appreciative of how easy it was to get the trip set up at the last minute.

I wouldn't think twice about recommending them...

• 1 month later...

We booked through Stingray City United, it was such a great experience. We got picked up from the port and went straight to the doc where the boat was leaving from. We also got to see and take pictures with the parrots that they have there. The staff was very funny and knowledgeable about the Stingrays. I would love to have the opportunity to do this again, I would love to pick up a stingray by myself, a huge one