Mr. Sanchos

cruising sally

Well we finally decided that Mr. Sanchos would be what we are looking for, thanks to all of you, but still have a few questions if you don't mind please.

Are the bathrooms there decent (clean)?

If we do not want to use any of the water toys, is it still a better deal to go AI, or PAYG? Not crazy partyers for sure, but do like a few cocktails.

How much is it for AI? For PAYG - do you still pay to get into the resort?

Which is the better way to pay, through their site, or is there another way?

Do we definitely need to book before the day of?

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to be prepared. Thanks to all for helping us.

Well we finally decided that Mr. Sanchos would be what we are looking for, thanks to all of you, but still have a few questions if you don't mind please.

Are the bathrooms there decent (clean)? fine

If we do not want to use any of the water toys, is it still a better deal to go AI, or PAYG? Not crazy partyers for sure, but do like a few cocktails. depends upon how much you will eat/drink. The water toys are not included in the AI - an extra $12 I think

How much is it for AI? For PAYG - do you still pay to get into the resort? About $50 - check the web site. No fee for PAYG.

Which is the better way to pay, through their site, or is there another way? A few web sites offer savings of $5 off the AI fee; we prefer to pay in cash the day we arrive

Do we definitely need to book before the day of? Not usually - check to see how many ships are in port

Sorry for all the questions, but just want to be prepared. Thanks to all for helping us.

Bring you r own towels and watch the clock - we enjoy watching drunk pier runners trying to make the ship every time we visit Coz. :p

We've been there twice. Both times during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Have made reservations both times. My teenagers used the water toys the first time (paid when we were there for those) and second time didn't feel the need. We did all inclusive both times. I wasn't keeping track if it was a better deal or not-it was just nice ordering and having someone bring be anything I wanted. Food on the AI was fabulous. Being able to eat from the buffet or order off of the menu was nice. Drinks were great. All we had to do was tip our incredible waiter at the end. I don't know how many ships were in port the last time-I think possibly 5-however, Mr. Sancho's was not at all crowded. We will go again next time we are in Cozumel. Bathrooms are very clean. No worries there. I can't remember the cost, we booked thru the 3rd party site. Enjoy!

Edited by bam1958

Do they limit the number of people on the AI side? We're there with 4 other ships and almost 18,000 cruisers.

Sounds like some big ships with you - 4-6 ships is an average day for Coz.

Mr. Sanchos does not limit the number of guests - if you want a less crowded, quiet, and relaxed AI check out Nachi Cocom.

We were just there last week. We made a reservation ahead of time. It is $55 per person and the deposit I made online was $5pp. Bathrooms were very clean. Food and drinks were very good as was the service. There are a few little outdoor shopping vendors set up if you want to do a little shopping. A few other notes: the sand isn't very soft- very coarse. The ocean is definitely swimmable- not very rough surf which was nice. There is a great swim up bar in the pool although the pool itself was very cold. The cab ride was $17 each way for the 4 of us and it was easy to catch a cab back to the pier. We would definitely come back here again.

I was there with 3 friends in October. It was hardly busy at all. We decided on PAYG. We shared nachos and drank beer all day long. Our bill was $90 total. Definitely better to do the PAYG for us. We really enjoyed it there.

I recommend checking how many ships are in port when you're there and then deciding how busy you think it will be.