Thomas Cook A330 from Manchester

kathsmum

Just got back and flew economy with Thomas Cook. You should get the newly refurbished cabin and if you do I can say that leg room is fine and i am 6ft. The seating is 2-4-2 (so if a couple it pays to select one of the 2's).I would say the new seats can seem a bit hard after a 8 hour flight. Flights were on-time. New seat back screens good but you have to pay for some content and also you need to pay for all beverages other than tea and coffee served with meals.The meals were suprisingly good for 'plane food'. Staff were ok.

The thing with these new seats is that they do give more leg room without the operator having less rows of seats but what has to give is the density of the seat itself.

So you get a much thinner seat back, with much less padding to allow for a thinner seat and in turn more leg room which is a big passenger want.

W e have just come back from our cruise on the A330 as said plenty of leg room seats bit hard and quite thin ,metal armrests I think 8hours is just about as much time you would want to spend on them they are in an upright position at all times can't lower the back you can have free tea coffee water anytime ,toilets downstairs all in all not a bad flight either way .

We flew back from Barbados end of January.

The seats are certainly less comfortable but against that you do gain leg room, quite a lot. Also they don't recline which makes sleeping almost impossible, for me anyway. And the lower deck toilets must save more space in the main cabin.

We are not big eaters but the dinner served was really not adequate on an eight hour flight.

It's a basic cheap (as part of the cruise price) charter flight and fine as long as you realise this. Next time we would probably pay the extra and fly Virgin or BA.

David.

A lot of modern aircraft seats are half the weight of their predecessors which saves the airline lots of money, as well as the passenger benefit of more leg room but as you are finding out - you lose the comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The seats will tilt back, there is a lever underneath the seat, its not that easy to find if you don't know.

Didn't bother dropping it back going but on the night flight home it does make a difference if you want a kip.

Rick.