Carnival Spirt Suite ???

GUT2407

I've had to pass on the Easter cruise, pesky little things like trying to earn a buck and daughter's next graduation.

So looking at something in June/July holidays.

There aren't many that fit the bill, but one is Carnival Spirit where I can get an Ocean Suite for only about $200 each more than a balcony. Never been with Carnival before and I know that it's a step down n some peoples opinion from Princess, Celebrity etc but I'll take what I can get.

Other than the bigger room is it worth it?

What extra do you get with Carnival in a suite?

From my past research the only benefit is the bigger room and bigger bathroom with double basin + tub and priority check in and disembarking. No luxe perks like private concierge, snacks delivered to your room etc like with some other lines. Unless there's been perks added recently - someone who's done an Ocean Suite might be able to chime in.

If cabin space is a key concern to you then $200 might be worth it but for us it's not been lucrative enough to pay the extra from balcony categories.

Thanks the space isn't an issue, just thought it might be nice for "you know who" if she was a bit extra pampered, is the shower over the tub or separate.? Do you recall?

Thanks the space isn't an issue, just thought it might be nice for "you know who" if she was a bit extra pampered, is the shower over the tub or separate.? Do you recall?

As mentioned space is the main benefit,however the location of ocean suites on Empress deck are generally very quiet cabins and convenient to elevators and stairs. The shower is over a whirlpool bath. We were very pleasantly surprised with Carnivals offerings but being a family orientated line expect a high proportion of children, particularly in school holidays

As mentioned space is the main benefit,however the location of ocean suites on Empress deck are generally very quiet cabins and convenient to elevators and stairs. The shower is over a whirlpool bath. We were very pleasantly surprised with Carnivals offerings but being a family orientated line expect a high proportion of children, particularly in school holidays

Thanks

Shower over the tub may be a deal breaker.

I know that if we do it there'll be more kids, but no choice but to go in school hols.

Unfortunately the only cruises that fit are Carnival and P&O.

We've done the spirit the last 2 July's in school hols as a couple and honestly don't worry about the 1000 kids, we rarely saw any as we did late sitting dinner and hung out at Serenity deck a lot. The winter variety sucks here but Carni are great ☺<br/>

Thanks only started looking today.

What type of cabin did you have?

Normally wouldn't have a suite but the price is right.

We did balcony cabin, deck 7 aft is our location of choice. The price of our cruise last July was horrendous because the whole thing fell in School Hols but it was the only timeslot we could work with so we had to suck it up.

We've found prices don't move much on the July hols cruises as they're pretty popular, but who knows in this current climate of masses of cruises dropping under $100/pp/night the month before departure.

Go the suite if you can absorb the little price increase on this sailing and enjoy the extra legroom :)

For us it must be n school hols [herself is a chalky].

Must be mid-ship [health reasons]

Must be at least balcony [love that view]

The size doesn't really matter a lot, but it might be too good a price to pass up. This year there are only two cruises that fit the time frame.

Book her in!!! You can't beat throwing open the doors to that fresh sea air in the morning in your undergarments :D I wish I was one of those who were satisfied with a nice affordable inside cabin because they're never in their cabin anyway, but I can't live without my balcony solitude and naps!

Loooooooooove balconies. But herself has some vertigo type problems and seeing the horizon helps, and I have a back problem so spend a bit of time on the bed and love being able to see and hear the ocean.

I just have to try and get one job sorted out before I can book.

My real query, which you have already answered thank you. Was if a suite got me anything more than space, Carnival seem to be one of the few that don't some with some other benefit.

Hi,Gut2407.. we will be on our 4th 12night Carnival Cruise next march,,, we found the standard balcony size sufficient, we have looked inside various suites during our trips (just nicely ask first!) you will get some xtra space and the spa-bath, and also an extended balcony... now if it must be midships do ensure you pick deck 6... Alternatively, spend the $400 on-board or save it for next Cruise but try to negotiate a "discounted" price for a midship extended balcony cabin on deck 7 (port side for the arrival/departure views) this should give you better value. (imo) Enjoy your Fun-Cruise.

Hi,Gut2407.. we will be on our 4th 12night Carnival Cruise next march,,, we found the standard balcony size sufficient, we have looked inside various suites during our trips (just nicely ask first!) you will get some xtra space and the spa-bath, and also an extended balcony... now if it must be midships do ensure you pick deck 6... Alternatively, spend the $400 on-board or save it for next Cruise but try to negotiate a "discounted" price for a midship extended balcony cabin on deck 7 (port side for the arrival/departure views) this should give you better value. (imo) Enjoy your Fun-Cruise.

Thanks for that.

I think if we do go we'll stick to a balcony, size doesn't matter, shower over tub is a problem and money is money, I do have a THING for Port cabins, which are the extended balconies on 7. Other than the couple towards tha aft 7260 and 7258 all the one on port look the same.

Thanks for that.

I think if we do go we'll stick to a balcony, size doesn't matter, shower over tub is a problem and money is money, I do have a THING for Port cabins, which are the extended balconies on 7. Other than the couple towards tha aft 7260 and 7258 all the one on port look the same.

Ok, remember you did say 'midships' ... we were in cabin 6333 last year,fab, nice extended balcony, no vibration, but it has a shower only....

You could try Cruise Critic 'cabin' critics, look for similar cabin numbers for say Spirit or Legend and just read what other cruizers have to say...??? Best Luck..

We are obviously at cross thoughts some how, here you mention extended balconies midship deck 7, I just can't see any that fit that description.

Ok, remember you did say 'midships' ... we were in cabin 6333 last year,fab, nice extended balcony, no vibration, but it has a shower only....

You could try Cruise Critic 'cabin' critics, look for similar cabin numbers for say Spirit or Legend and just read what other cruizers have to say...??? Best Luck..

6333 is aft isn't it. Shower only is what I'm after, sure SHE would love a tub, but I need a shower not over a tub.

We are obviously at cross thoughts some how, here you mention extended balconies midship deck 7, I just can't see any that fit that description.

6333 is aft isn't it. Shower only is what I'm after, sure SHE would love a tub, but I need a shower not over a tub.

Hi there, back again, so we did sleep on it, hope the following helps....

1/ mine, try 8k cabins 7186,7188,7203,7205.. all standard cabins-with shower only and extended balcony,midships (save $400)

2/ "HERS" Book the Ocean Suite.. 6197,6174, Pay the $400 extra.. She

will Love the Whirlpool -Tub.... , and 275 sq ft cabin-with 85 sq ft balcony.

.... SHE also suggests "HE" can shower in the very nicely appointed Finess

Centre.! sorry, i rest my case, Have a nice Cruise... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Hi there, back again, so we did sleep on it, hope the following helps....

1/ mine, try 8k cabins 7186,7188,7203,7205.. all standard cabins-with shower only and extended balcony,midships (save $400)

2/ "HERS" Book the Ocean Suite.. 6197,6174, Pay the $400 extra.. She

will Love the Whirlpool -Tub.... , and 275 sq ft cabin-with 85 sq ft balcony.

.... SHE also suggests "HE" can shower in the very nicely appointed Finess

Centre.! sorry, i rest my case, Have a nice Cruise... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Thanks

And please thank HER from SHE at this end.