Electric Outlets on Summit

hermang

As promised - we are back from the Summit - Southbound from Seward.

There are NO outlets behind the bed that we could find. Lamps are hard wired to the end tables and apparently to the wall.

In 6048 the Balcony was to left so the desk area was directly across from the foot of the bed - with 2 normal 3 prong outlets. We ran an extension cord for the CPAP machine.

I hope Celebrity and RCCL get the message for the new builds to put outlets on the headboard side.

As promised - we are back from the Summit - Southbound from Seward.

There are NO outlets behind the bed that we could find. Lamps are hard wired to the end tables and apparently to the wall.

In 6048 the Balcony was to left so the desk area was directly across from the foot of the bed - with 2 normal 3 prong outlets. We ran an extension cord for the CPAP machine.

I hope Celebrity and RCCL get the message for the new builds to put outlets on the headboard side.

There was an entire thread on this not too long ago. Hope you weren't surprised by what you found. Sounds like you came prepared.

How'd you do with the ship's water in the CPAP? Seems to work fine for those that have tried it.

There was an entire thread on this not too long ago. Hope you weren't surprised by what you found. Sounds like you came prepared.

How'd you do with the ship's water in the CPAP? Seems to work fine for those that have tried it.

I decided to forgoe the water as it wasn't all that dry. Our friends used the

water from the pitcher and they didn;t have a problem.

Usually I take an 8' cord and one 8' extender - this time the 15' extension cord + the 8' cord was about right. Not surprised just prepared.

Our friends did borrow the Duct Tape to hang the air hoses on the headboard rail though. Word to wise a cheap roll of duct tape is worth packing

bring a surge protector 6 outlet cord. We plug in the toothbrush charger, camcorder battery charger, the hair dryer, and other items. Another poster a while back did the same & his extension cord caught fire. Power fluctuates onboard & we don't want to lose items.

They are usually free after rebate at Staples or Office Max.

bring a surge protector 6 outlet cord. We plug in the toothbrush charger, camcorder battery charger, the hair dryer, and other items. Another poster a while back did the same & his extension cord caught fire. Power fluctuates onboard & we don't want to lose items.

They are usually free after rebate at Staples or Office Max.

Actually during the day I used the 2 outlets for chargers and at night the

extension cord for the CPAP. I did not bring a second hair dryer. I will say though that Royal Caribbean's Hair dryer location and type are far better than the Rube Goldberg contraption in our stateroom. At least on RCCL - one could dry their hair at the desk whilst someone else could use the bathroom.

Hope when X builds the new ship our German friends take a page from the Finns and build a more intelligent cabin design than the French. Sacre Bleu - what a contraption is that hair dryer.

Here's a question for other CPAP users - What's the best way to use your CPAP on an airplane E.G. what was your source of power? Are there special power outlets that you can use for those overnight flights? And if so, what did you use? Thanks!

Here's a question for other CPAP users - What's the best way to use your CPAP on an airplane E.G. what was your source of power? Are there special power outlets that you can use for those overnight flights? And if so, what did you use? Thanks!

Some airlines have 115v near the seat - but this is laptop power at best

I don't know if it would power a CPAP machine. You would have to check with the airline

Archived