RCI offer of $1 AUD for $1USD OBC

jd07

RCI had offered Australian cruisers a $1AUD for $1USD purchased OBC. With the Aussie dollar sliding it was a great deal. To good to be true.

And so it seems. Today RCI stopped the offer. But apparently it was not an offer. It was a computer 'glitch'. One that had been going for 10 days though.

RCI are saying to some to call back in 24 hrs and the offer will be back. To others the system will be back up in a few days and the offer will not be back.

So glad I got in before the glitch was fixed :)

Glad I too got in before the 'glitch' was fixed. Each time I called the persons that I spoke to all confirmed that it was a current offer by RCL so makes me wonder if it was a glitch or an offer that was oversubscribed so they use the 'glitch' to pull the offer.

All the RCI staff i talked to called it an offer as well. I had to ask several times to ensure it was $ for $. I got my OBC around 10am today so I'm hoping they will honor the transaction. They better lol

But I'm thinking some sales exec got this great idea and we pounded it. Plus there was a sharp drop in the Aussie dollar today. Might of scared them :)

Well here in Australia I called RCI and asked to buy OBC. They transfered me to the cruise admin area and I paid for my OBC using my credit card for my cruises. They then sent me a receipt or amenity certificate. All purchased OBC is in USD. The deal here in Australia was so good as they were offering $1usd for $1aud and we have been below parity for some months now.

I hope this helps hopeless :)

RCI had offered Australian cruisers a $1AUD for $1USD purchased OBC. With the Aussie dollar sliding it was a great deal. To good to be true.

And so it seems. Today RCI stopped the offer. But apparently it was not an offer. It was a computer 'glitch'. One that had been going for 10 days though.

RCI are saying to some to call back in 24 hrs and the offer will be back. To others the system will be back up in a few days and the offer will not be back.

So glad I got in before the glitch was fixed :)

We're on the second of our B2B cruises on the Allure of the Seas now and I bought OBC at 1:1 on January 14 for both of the cruises so it's been going for longer than 10 days. I was expecting to pay more but hoping it would be less than the current exchange rate and was really surprised and pleased when the guy I spoke to at RCI said that it was 1:1. I don't know if it was an offer or a glitch but he definitely knew the rate we would be getting when I called. Maybe that was the rate they set back when the Aussie Dollar was close to parity and they never changed it.

We're on the second of our B2B cruises on the Allure of the Seas now and I bought OBC at 1:1 on January 14 for both of the cruises so it's been going for longer than 10 days. I was expecting to pay more but hoping it would be less than the current exchange rate and was really surprised and pleased when the guy I spoke to at RCI said that it was 1:1. I don't know if it was an offer or a glitch but he definitely knew the rate we would be getting when I called. Maybe that was the rate they set back when the Aussie Dollar was close to parity and they never changed it.

Hi there, I hope you are having a fantastic cruise. were you able to withdraw any of you onboard credit in cash to use on shore excursions etc?

Yes it has. One or two cc contributors blame the popularity of fb letting too many people know about it. See the above thread link :).

RCI have called it a glitch (one that has been operating since January) and it will not be back.