Breeze - workout facility

alscottg1

I am going on the Breeze March 14th. I am training for a fitness competition that is 4 weeks after returning. Does anyone know what equipment is on the Breeze? Pictures? Looking specifically for a rowing machine and bar (or smith machine) for squats and bench press.

We just got off the Breeze Saturday. No rowing machine and I didn't see bars either. They did have a decent range of free weights, they had 2 punching bags and a speed bag, or an chair and pull bars. Good luck with your training.

They did have different bars set up outside on deck 11 or 12 i believe it was. As well as some different machines. This was taken just after we got on the ship..... not the machines you were looking for but the area where the different bars are set up. There was one for pullups but I dont have a picture. My dd (in the picture) is training for her first half marathon and said the gym was super warm when they went in.

10388063_10155198865195585_4275958225014698048_n.jpg?oh=515a940fe6bcdc89b063f0991176f3b1&oe=554830EC

in this picture if you look on the upper deck behind the yellow thing, those are the pullup bars.

10978630_10155198867750585_1215486834678751447_n.jpg?oh=46805a470a92241abd0a1e94c058c553&oe=5550E50F

Edited by hockeyluver

If they haven't removed them, the Breeze used to have 2 Concept 2 Model E (I think) in front of the treadmills where the glass slopes down.

Very few cruisers used them. I would go and see my last workout (which I did at 6:30 AM) 1 or 2 workouts down on the Memory. And those other 2 were barely 5 minutes in length stretching to get to 1000 meters.

I recall they had leg press machines but not Smith squat stands. You can do barbell squats though. I don't think the free weight set goes all that high in terms of weights, so just up your reps.

The Breeze also offered TRX classes, which can be a good alternative fit.

There is room for body weight exercises like burpees and pushups. So you can design a workout that can at least keep you from losing fitness, if the rowing machines and other machines you are looking for aren't available. Also think about making it a "rest" week with alternative exercises and some cardio to give your muscles a bit more recovery time.

Thanks for the help. My trainer was going to write me up some alternate workouts to help me during the trip but had no clue what was there. Yes....it will be more light weights and up the reps to get what I need. I'm sure the rest of the trip will be spent laying on a lounge chair so I will get plenty of rest. Lol