Breakaway or Escape?

Sleepylove83

I'm having a very hard time trying to decide. I was on the Getaway last sept/oct and LOVED it!!! I know I would like both ships that's not the problem. I love Jimmy Buffett so that part of the Escape seems to have me leaning that way. But I did St Thomas and Nassau last time, so Bermuda would be cool. I like the idea of exploring Bermuda for 3 days. But I would like to see Tortola and the BVI. I'd have to park my car at the terminal in NYC (live in md) or fly to Miami so that's about the same price. Breakaway is $200 more but I can go to 2 months sooner. LOL I'm so confused as to what to do. I wish I could do both but that's not budget friendly. Any one have any suggestions? Or and experiences with the Breakaway going to Bermuda? Or Tortola as a stop?

I'm having a very hard time trying to decide. I was on the Getaway last sept/oct and LOVED it!!! I know I would like both ships that's not the problem. I love Jimmy Buffett so that part of the Escape seems to have me leaning that way. But I did St Thomas and Nassau last time, so Bermuda would be cool. I like the idea of exploring Bermuda for 3 days. But I would like to see Tortola and the BVI. I'd have to park my car at the terminal in NYC (live in md) or fly to Miami so that's about the same price. Breakaway is $200 more but I can go to 2 months sooner. LOL I'm so confused as to what to do. I wish I could do both but that's not budget friendly. Any one have any suggestions? Or and experiences with the Breakaway going to Bermuda? Or Tortola as a stop?

Many people love Bermuda. We did not particularly care for it. It is very expensive and overall we found it was not overly pretty. It also is a bit of an off cruise as you are sailing for only a short time and then docked for 3 days. We lost a bit of the cruise feel with this trip. The Escape looks like it will be an amazing ship. Many new venues and things to explore. The Getaway and Breakaway are basically the same ship. The escape will be similar with the new features. For us it was an easy choice and are booked on one of her first 7 day trips.

Either trip will be fun, so there really is not a BAD choice but for our money we decided on the Escape for the new venues and the chance to sail on a brand new ship in its first month of service.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

6&8

Thanks for your response. The new venues are really swaying me. lol And it is cheaper. And its not like St Thomas and Tortola are going to be cold in Dec. Nassau I just want conch fritters and I'll stay on the ship. lol I guess waiting 2 months won't hurt me. hahaah

Love Bermuda and the Breakaway. The Breakaway is the best ship we have ever been on... But I think the Escape is going to be even better! :D

Either way I'm sure you are going to have an amazing time! :)

This is a tough one. I love Bermuda and have gone many times and cruising back this year.

But the Escape looks to have a lot of cool new features.

I would go with Bermuda for destination and Escape for ship. Not sure which would be important to you.

I appreciate all the replies. And I guess you all understand my dilemma cause you all are not helping!! But in the best way possible! Like you all said I'm gonna have a great vacation with either one.

I honestly am not sure if I'm looking for more stuff on the ship or the destination. I will skip Nassau but would like to hit St thomas again as I only went snorkeling. And Tortola I can see Jost or the baths. But Bermuda is an entire new place I can really explore. And last cruise on the Getaway I basically did St Marten and Nassau on my own via research. I can def do that with Bermuda over 3 days.

But the Escape looks so cool!!

Thank you guys! Def giving me more to think about.