The Best of St. Thomas and Shopping (STI7)

leenie77

Hi,

I'm going on my first ever cruise with Celebrity in a few weeks and one of my ports of call is St. Thomas.

I've been looking at several excursion options and one I'm interested in is Celebrity's The Best of St. Thomas and Shopping (STI7). Has anyone taken this excursion? If so, how was it? And, is the shopping in downtown Charlotte Amalie? The reviews on the Celebrity are all varied, but I've learned a lot from this forum and trust opinions here. :)

Thanks!

Colleen

Hi,

I'm going on my first ever cruise with Celebrity in a few weeks and one of my ports of call is St. Thomas.

I've been looking at several excursion options and one I'm interested in is Celebrity's The Best of St. Thomas and Shopping (STI7). Has anyone taken this excursion? If so, how was it? And, is the shopping in downtown Charlotte Amalie? The reviews on the Celebrity are all varied, but I've learned a lot from this forum and trust opinions here. :)

Thanks!

Colleen

We did Godfrey Tour which is not affiliated with the cruise line. His open air tour truck was literally parked right next to our ship. It was $35 a person and included about an hour and a half or two hours of shopping, then a drop off and pick up at Megan's bay or Coki beach, free banana daiquiri at a look out point, all the cool sodas and water you want, and a quick stop at the botanical gardens with more rum punch. He drops you off right at the dock next to your ship and is very aware of the boat's schedule so don't let the cruise line scare you that they can't guarantee your safe return if you don't book with them.