Salon services

algaes

Has anyone figured out what is being offered in the Salon? We assume it is haircare services.

Filled out an online inquiry with Viking and got back an incredible reply (unless it was an automated reply). We booked through a travel agent so I know what will happen when we go down the reservation number rabbit hole. No thanks.

Dear XXXXXX,

We have received your recent email.

Please provide us with your booking/reservation number and we can investigate your options further.

We will await your response.

Regards,

Viking Cruises

Edited by algaes

Funny you should ask. I talked with Viking this afternoon about making reservations ahead of time, and the answer is that you can't make reservations ahead of time and can only do it once onboard. They will provide hair cuts, and a picture I saw earlier somewhere looked like they would also offer manicures and pedicures, but I'm not positive about that. No idea about pricing, but for those of us 50-day crazies, a haircut will need to be on the essential list. Trying to find a place on shore somewhere might be a nightmare, so really glad they are offering this service.

I do find I get a much more sensible response when I call rather than e-mail. One of the FEW advantages of having gone directly to Viking for our reservations rather than a TA.

Hope that answers your question. Gives us another thing to do on embarkation day!