Quantum Dining Reservations

talltree

I just booked the April 5th sailing on the Quantum, and have a bit of a problem with making dining reservations. I guess due to the late booking there are no dinner reservations available on most days other than 9pm and later. I am also stuck eating in the same restaurants 2 and three times over. While that might be fine for others, it is definitely not fine for me as I will be traveling with 2 small children that normally are asleep after 9pm just as our dining order would be taken. I did speak with customer service today and, although the agent sympathized with my situation there was not much she could do other than to email my concerns to someone associated with dining reservations. I am not anticipating that anything will be done. Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated because as I see it now, we will be eating at the buffet each night which would definitely make me an unhappy camper.

From personal experience on the Quantum I went in to the restaurants I wanted to eat at later in the week and 3 times out of 3 I was able to get the time(s) that I requested. The reservation people at the restaurants and at guest services seemed to do all they could to help everybody. The dynamic dining experience is still on ongoing evolution.

we are sailing on April 12th and have been trying for three months to get resevervations,we make them then they disappear.tried calling no help, was told just go when you want and see if they will take you

I think that may have been the best advice, It certainly worked for us towards the end of our cruise when we just showed up at the complimentary restaurants without reservations and were seated promptly. Not sure why their reservation system is such a mess, but then again, RCI's IT department is involved - enough said.

I think that may have been the best advice, It certainly worked for us towards the end of our cruise when we just showed up at the complimentary restaurants without reservations and were seated promptly. Not sure why their reservation system is such a mess, but then again, RCI's IT department is involved - enough said.

I think we should just show up for the restaurants and shows and will have less of a problem. It took about 20 calls to get out dining correct then we had all our entertainment booked and we so excited it was all finally correct. We booked our end of April cruise the first day it opened for bookings and the same with the dining and entertainment.

Last night we received a call to tell us that Devinly Decadent not available at all the night we had booked. Of course not much available early that night with complimentary restaurants but had no problem booking Jaimes for another night( I tried to book this more than one night previously but nothing available). I then said something about our entertainment and was told we had no entertainment booked! When we tried to rebook were told could not get a couple of the original shows booked because they were full. I told her we had the confirmation from RC and she just said sometimes the system just drops the bookings.

We are glad we cancelled our Anthem cruise and are done with the Quantum class even before our first cruise. Never had this much trouble with any cruise. :mad:

From everything I've been reading here on these boards, many many times said by people who've cruised QOS already, you can pretty much show up before 6pm and get a table at any restaurant. We sail in March and don't have reservations every night; we plan on showing up. They apparently leave some tables unbooked for booking on the ship as well.

we are on April 5 sailing with you and from what I have read, if you want early dining you should not have a problem. If you want 7 - 8 pm dining, that may be a problem since so many persons want that time. Have you tried to book 5:30 dinners anywhere? Some of them may be available, or when you get on the ship you could try to reserve your dining time.

did you sign up for the meet & mingle?

JB