WE leave Monday !!!! Few more questions!!

nickle831

WOOHOO we leave Monday the 5th on the Ectasy for our honeymoon cruise!!!! I am so excited!!!! Few last minute questions:

Can we take pocket knives in our luggage?

We are taking a small portable safe ( 6inches by 6 inches) ? Anyone else ever do this?

Where is the "secret" door on the ectasy?

Is there a coupon online anywhere for the parking garage?

Do you drop luggage off first, then park or do you hope you get a trolly?

We are getting there around noon. Will there be trollys at that time?

Thanks!!!

Nichole :-)

...there will be a safe in the closet. About 10x15x15

...you can take your own luggage off the ship. if you do so, be advised you'll have to be able to carry it up/down stairs by yourself

...you can carry a knife aboard ship. if you're flying in, contact the airline about their regulations on this issue

We just got off the Ecstasy last week.

-Not sure about the pocket knives.

-The safe in our room was about 6" x 6". Billfold fit nicely, but nothing else. Cabin steward gave us the key to it. Don't lose it or it will cost you $40. I prefer the safes that you use your credit card to access. We were on the Riviera deck. Not sure if all safes are the same on all decks. Would think so.

-Don't know of a secret door.

-Parking. We stayed at LaQuinta on the Seawall the night before and took advantage of their Park and Cruise program. However, by the time we paid $35 in cab fees + tip (round trip), we could have probably saved time/money using the Non-Carnival parking/shuttle option near the pier. I believe it was $40 and 1-2 miles from the pier on Harborside Drive.

-If using Carnival's parking, I believe you drop your family and luggage off at the Pier, then take your car to parking area, and catch a trolley back. Supposed to take about 20-25 minutes to do this according to the luggage porter at the pier.

-At disembarkation, we did the self assist (taking your on luggage off). We were in the taxi by 8:55 a.m. headed to LaQuinta. However, it was difficult at times, as the line on the ship was LLLLOONNNGGG that morning. Hundreds of people took advantage of the program. While we were in line at Customs (off the ship), it appeared that the first color coded tags were called about 8:40 a.m. We guessed that maybe we saved 1-1.5 hours by doing Self Assist because our color coded tags (brown) were scheduled to be called last. If you overpacked (like me) I would be very careful about doing Self Assist. Also, need to have a good attitude about it. I saw several near divorces! If you're not in a hurry to get off the ship and get home for other reasons, I don't think I would do it.

Hope this helps.

.........Can we take pocket knives in our luggage?.......

I always put my small pocket knife in my luggage when flying and then take it out when I reach my destination. Before anyone flames me for having to carry a knife, it is a small one (Swiss) that has scissors and a small pen that come in very handy.

John

Archived