Should I give royal a try?

I am a loyal carnival cruise In My late 20's. I like to be on the go, shows, comedy, bars, club, food are the most important to me. I'm cruising in September either on navigator of the seas with royal or carnival freedom and they both are the same price and go to the same ports: cozumel, jamaica, Cayman Islands- which I've already been to so the ship is very important. What do you recommend? I hear royal is catered to the Older generation and could be more laid back, relaxing and boring which I want no part of. Please help!!

OLDER That is HAL

OFF the top of my head

Navigator of the Seas had a Refit February 2014

Navigator 15 Decks Capacity 3990 VS 14 Dceks 2974 Capacity

Virtual Balconies Rooms these rooms have a Second Large HD Screen that shows Images of the Ocean

FlowRider -Surf Simulator

220-square foot outdoor screen for Movies and TV Shows

Also Rock climbing on Navigator

Loyalty Programs: Crown & Anchor Society C.A.S. OR C&A is MORE Thought out than VIFP C.A.S. Has More Benefits & is Easier to Climb

C.A.S. Has Double Points For Junior Suites and Above

Edited by Swath
Adding Info.

I am a loyal carnival cruise In My late 20's. I like to be on the go, shows, comedy, bars, club, food are the most important to me. I'm cruising in September either on navigator of the seas with royal or carnival freedom and they both are the same price and go to the same ports: cozumel, jamaica, Cayman Islands- which I've already been to so the ship is very important. What do you recommend? I hear royal is catered to the Older generation and could be more laid back, relaxing and boring which I want no part of. Please help!!

My family started w/ CCL and have no complaints. In fact the rates were much more attractive w/ Military rate, but we wanted to try something different so we crossed over to RCCL.....and I'm not going back.

I don't think the food is any better, and I'd say service is equal. What we do like so much better is the ships. Since trying Oasis or Allure, I don't know if anything will ever be good enough.....thought the Freedom class is very nice too. I went on a RCCL 3 day cruise this past summer, trying a smaller ship, and I was miserable. My husband and I love the size of the Oasis class because we never feel cramped and we can stay busy. We love that there is so much to do. Bars are plentiful, activities are numerous. Just sitting and watching the flow riders is a good time. There is a bar close by, you are in the sun, people converse as they watch cruisers attempt their surfing skills.

You'll never know till you give it a try. I honestly feel you will be happy w/ RCCL.

Happy sailing and be safe.