What are your favorite spa treatments and specials?

bangzoom6877

I'm going on the Breakaway in July and DH and I are planning to head straight to the spa as soon as we board, so we can purchase the spa pass for the week. We both love using the thermal suite...the saunas and steam rooms, the heated stone loungers, hot tubs, we love it all and go every day while the kids are in the camp.

For spa treatments, one time I had this coconut body treatment done that was very nice. Last time we cruised, it was on the Jewel in 2011. My mom and I took advantage of a special they were having where they gave you a menu of treatments and you got to choose any 3 for a special price. I forgot how much it was, but I remember having an eye treatment, a scalp treatment with scalp massage, and a foot and ankle massage. It was heavenly and I would do that again in a heartbeat! That was also my mom's first spa experience and she absolutely loved it.

What are your favorite spa treatments on NCL? And, what are your favorite spa specials that they've had when you cruised NCL? Post any and all of them here!

I'm going on the Breakaway in July and DH and I are planning to head straight to the spa as soon as we board, so we can purchase the spa pass for the week. We both love using the thermal suite...the saunas and steam rooms, the heated stone loungers, hot tubs, we love it all and go every day while the kids are in the camp.

For spa treatments, one time I had this coconut body treatment done that was very nice. Last time we cruised, it was on the Jewel in 2011. My mom and I took advantage of a special they were having where they gave you a menu of treatments and you got to choose any 3 for a special price. I forgot how much it was, but I remember having an eye treatment, a scalp treatment with scalp massage, and a foot and ankle massage. It was heavenly and I would do that again in a heartbeat! That was also my mom's first spa experience and she absolutely loved it.

What are your favorite spa treatments on NCL? And, what are your favorite spa specials that they've had when you cruised NCL? Post any and all of them here!

The ones I get from my secretary. Oops did I say that.

They did the 3 for on my getaway cruise....I think it was $149. I like the hot stone massage....cheaper prices on first day of cruise. On my xmas Breakaway cruise, I'm thinking of getting the spa pass. Glad to hear you like it![emoji5]️

They did the 3 for on my getaway cruise....I think it was $149. I like the hot stone massage....cheaper prices on first day of cruise. On my xmas Breakaway cruise, I'm thinking of getting the spa pass. Glad to hear you like it![emoji5]️

We did the spa pass on the Carnival Splendor in 2013, and it definitely made it an extremely relaxing vacation! The thermal suite on the Breakaway has even more...it has a salt room which is supposed to be fantastic. I hope they don't sell out of passes by the time we get to the spa after boarding. We're not in a suite, so we aren't the first ones to board the ship.

We did the spa pass on the Carnival Splendor in 2013, and it definitely made it an extremely relaxing vacation! The thermal suite on the Breakaway has even more...it has a salt room which is supposed to be fantastic. I hope they don't sell out of passes by the time we get to the spa after boarding. We're not in a suite, so we aren't the first ones to board the ship.

They usually are selling on the pier before u board! Just look for the ladies!

I loved the exfoliating ginger salt glow massage I think it was called.. They used this awesome Elemis scrub. Also included head massage and mini-facial... Ahhh so relaxing. My skin felt unbelivably soft afterwards! This was on the Dawn last October...but I imagine they have many of the same treatments on the different NCL ships.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

They usually are selling on the pier before u board! Just look for the ladies!

Oh wow, that's great news! I'll look for that before I look for the line to board, lol!! ;)

I took a tour on the Getaway and don't really get the salt room. It looked like a gimmick. No one was in any of the spa package rooms!

The salt room is supposed to be very healthy for the respiratory system. I don't find anything about the thermal suite to be a gimmick. I would buy the pass with or without the salt room, just think it's awesome that they have one because it's something I've never experienced, and I have asthma (although under very good control) and I am curious about the salt room.

As far as no one being in the rooms of the thermal suite, it depends on the time you go, for example if it's right after you boarded the ship, chances are no one would be in there yet. This is for one of two reasons...either it wasn't open yet due to spa tours going on, or people were busy boarding the ship and eating and getting settled into vacation mode and getting ready for sail away instead of being inside the spa.

Edited by bangzoom6877

I loved the exfoliating ginger salt glow massage I think it was called.. They used this awesome Elemis scrub. Also included head massage and mini-facial... Ahhh so relaxing. My skin felt unbelivably soft afterwards! This was on the Dawn last October...but I imagine they have many of the same treatments on the different NCL ships.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

That sounds heavenly, and right up my alley too! I love body treatments where they also give you a scalp massage. I find the scalp massage to be extremely relaxing. I know the spa is expensive, but well worth it to me because I find it so relaxing which makes it a true vacation for me!

This is a great thread. On my previous four cruises, I haven't gotten any spa treatments, but for my birthday this year, which is 5 days before our cruise, I have asked for NCL gift cards that I will use on some type of spa treatment. I haven't decided on which treatment yet, so I love hearing everyone's favorites and experiences, so keep them coming, please :)

This is a great thread. On my previous four cruises, I haven't gotten any spa treatments, but for my birthday this year, which is 5 days before our cruise, I have asked for NCL gift cards that I will use on some type of spa treatment. I haven't decided on which treatment yet, so I love hearing everyone's favorites and experiences, so keep them coming, please :)

Have you been to a spa on land before? My mom had never been to one before we went for the spa special on the Jewel in 2011. She was nervous because she has a back condition and she was worried about a full body massage. She was considering reflexology instead, or a facial. Then they had that special so she got the eye treatment, a foot and ankle massage, and a hand and arm massage. She really loved it. She still talks about it almost 4 years later!

I have purchased the spass on serveral cuises and loved every minute. This upcoming cruise I think I will take advantage of one of the port day specials, maybe a 20/20/20 message (last time it was $80) has anyone ever done this ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2015 Epic

2014 Breakaway

2013 Epic

2012 Gem

2011 Gem

2008 Explorer of the Seas

So happy to hear NCL has these specials.

Carnival always has daily specials which I love!

20/20/20 my fav... Usually pick 3 services out of like 5.

Love the spa....never bought a spa pass though...

How is the epic spa?

Kerri

So happy to hear NCL has these specials.

Carnival always has daily specials which I love!

20/20/20 my fav... Usually pick 3 services out of like 5.

Love the spa....never bought a spa pass though...

How is the epic spa?

Kerri

I also love being able to choose 3 out of 5 mini treatments. I feel that spa treatments and the spa pass are good use of vacation money! After utilizing the thermal suite on a daily basis on our Carnival Splendor cruise in 2013, when we came home I checked to see what spas in NYC charge for a day pass for something like that, in case DH and I decided to do something like that for our anniversary. It's about $500 to do that in a comparable place! Per person, for just one day! I'll gladly pay $199 to be able to use it unlimited for a whole week! Boy did we return relaxed from that vacation! :)