Norwegian Jade inside gty vs outside with ubp?

podaz1

Hello, I have booked a 7 night cruise on the Jade - 2 x inside gty cabins with 2 adults & 1 child(aged2) per cabin.

We are not fussy about where we are located but requested to have the cabins located nearby to each other but I have just checked and we have been assigned 10005 and 11647, different floors and opposite ends of the ship. There are many other available cabins in the category so I just wondered if it is possible to request a change in cabin with a GTY once the room number has been assigned? I do realise it is the risk that is taken in booking a GTY cabin so if not we will accept no problem.

However I am considering upgrading us all to a gty outside cabin to avail of the UBP and OBC. The difference is roughly $600 dollars, so $200 obc leaves $200pp for ubp which seems reasonable except that it is unlikely that we will be drinking very much with toddlers to run after ! It says that the package does not include bottled water but how is free water served as I see that water, tea and coffee are included in the cruise fare anyway?

Sorry for all the questions but just one more, If we go for an outside are the curtains likely to be blackout? When we previously cruised on the pearl we had a balcony with blackout windows but we didn't have children so weren't to bothered by the daylight or the free water etc!

Thank you for your help :D

Edited by podaz1

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Questions about NCL ships are best asked on the NCL board here at CC, under Cruise Lines A-O. Some cruise lines will allow you to change cabins within the same category and occupancy without charge. You must go through yout TA or cruise line rep. EM