Embarking in San Juan...

I've seen a few threads touch on this but haven't been able to find a concrete answer...

When you embark in San Juan, you can get off the ship and explore till 8 or 9 or so, so I was wondering that if you bring your packs of soda on originally and drop it off in your room, and then pick up another pack, would there be a problem? Do they notate this the first time? I'm reading that people get off the ship and come back from CVS and what not, so I'm assuming there shouldn't be any issue with coming back with things. Thanks!

No, there is no problem.

Bring some when boarding, then go back out and get more. They were more concerned about my pack of batteries than any of the cans I had in the backpack.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There would be no issue. It would be no different than bringing soda on when you check in and then purchasing soda in the first port. Carnival would have no idea that you brought soda on during check in.

There would be no issue. It would be no different than bringing soda on when you check in and then purchasing soda in the first port. Carnival would have no idea that you brought soda on during check in.

Apparently I never knew this was an option too! Shows how much I pay attention (or worry about Soda)

Also, in San Juan.... They check for "adult" beverages a fair distance from where they actually confiscate them till the end of your trip, so you have quite a bit of time to remove the sticker they will put on your bag at security check, before you get to the drop off location, amd then just keep walking on board with your selections.

If you are so inclined.

You will need to be back on board by (I think) 7:00 PM, and be ready for muster drill.

Have a great cruise...