Conquest Empress deck fwd balcony dividers

xcourtx

My friends and I have 2 rooms next door to each other on the Conquest Empress Deck Fwd rooms 7212 and 7216. We've never been in the Fwd, and never next door to someone we know! We are hoping to open/remove the balcony divider between us but I've read varying things about this.

-First off, because it's the front of the ship is there a possibility of being denied to open it due to wind or anything?

-Second, if they do open it how badly does it cover up the window?

-Is it possible to have the divider completely removed for the duration of the trip so the window isn't blocked?

-For anyone that has done this, do you just go to guest services when you get on the ship or were you able to request it through your PVP beforehand?

Thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer guys!! :)

The one time we asked to have the divider opened it almost totally covered up our window and we immediately had it closed again. I don't remember which ship it was or where we were located (I know I'm not very helpful). But, when we asked the cabin steward did it right away - no problem at all. I may be wrong but I don't think it could be removed - I think it's on a hinge and it would be really difficult to get through the balcony door.

you posted this same thread on 3/2, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176253

my response from that thread:

You're in luck, 7212 and 7216 do connect. No difference being forward, they will open it. It covers maybe 40 percent or so of one window, depending on the room. No they typically won't remove it. On this class of ship you can typically just ask your room steward. On my splendor cruise steward told me to call guest services first, I did and he was back on 5 minutes to open it. It's the spirit class ships you have to actually go to guest services.

Edited by falkcor