Spa Pass Worth it for an August Cruise?

Our last cruise was in March of 2014 on the Breakawag out of New York - we really wished we had gotten the spa passes because there were a few days we couldn't enjoy the pool at all because it was so chilly.

This year we are leaving from Boston in August so it will more than likely be plenty warm enough for the pool, but we've heard it's very crowded. On the breakaway we really enjoyed Spice H20. Will the spa be somewhat similar? Will the pool there be refreshing or very warm as it is indoors? What hours is the spa open? Are we allowed to bring drinks into the spa? And what is the cost for a couples pass for the week vs daily? Thank you!

So I can't remember the answers to some of your questions. For the last two years we have sailed the Breakaway in July and both times we stayed in a spa balcony and used the spa the entire trip. Assuming the ship you're going on is comparable, here's what I remember about breakaway's spa.

The spa, at least on Breakaway, closes at 9:00. Yes, the pool was definitely warm, but so refreshing to turn on the perimeter jets and just relax. I believe we did bring drinks in, but I honestly don't remember if I got the drink there or not.

Hope you get your answers!

My vote would be a qualified yes - get the spa pass. The Dawn is PACKED in the summer. On the sea days the pools are so crowded by 10 AM I don't think you could get into them unless you really didn't mind a lot of close contact. There is a quiet area deck 13 forward I think, that has a jacuzzi. The only other time I've been in a pool on the Dawn was one of the main jacuzzi's at like 10 at night. So if you want the water, get the pass. If it's just a quiet area you're looking for, there's deck 13 or the biggest balcony or suite you can spring for.

Our last cruise was in March of 2014 on the Breakawag out of New York - we really wished we had gotten the spa passes because there were a few days we couldn't enjoy the pool at all because it was so chilly.

This year we are leaving from Boston in August so it will more than likely be plenty warm enough for the pool, but we've heard it's very crowded. On the breakaway we really enjoyed Spice H20. Will the spa be somewhat similar? Will the pool there be refreshing or very warm as it is indoors? What hours is the spa open? Are we allowed to bring drinks into the spa? And what is the cost for a couples pass for the week vs daily? Thank you!

We were on the Breakaway last August for our Bermuda cruise. DH used the spa every day so the Spa pass was worth it for him. I'm not a spa person so I did not get a spa pass for the whole week. I wanted to get a day pass but it is only available during port days, if the weekly spa pass is not sold out.

They did not have a couples pass. The price is $199/per person for the whole week. For our sailing, it was sold out during the first day of the cruise so no chance for me to get a day pass.

The Spa is open from 8AM to 10PM. They close at 8PM on the last day of the cruise.

I don't remember anyone bringing drinks into the spa on our last cruise...and I spent a lot of time in there. That said, I very rarely notice what other people are doing, so perhaps they all had drinks. Personally, I don't think the spa is a real "drinking area," but that's me. It's (mostly) a quiet area - pretty much the opposite of me after a drink or two! ;)