Viking "COL" Cruise

SrTrPro

We will be on the City of Light Cruise - Prague to Paris in a few short weeks.

We will travel by bus from Trier to Paris on Sat, Apr 4th.

What time does the bus usually arrive at the hotel (Le Meridien)?

Just trying to plan out our late afternoon / evening.

thanks,

Bruce

It's been three years, so it's hard to remember, and it may have changed, but I seem to remember that we left around 8 or 9 o'clock--right after breakfast. I think that we got to Luxembourg in time for lunch, did a walking tour of the city, and visited the American cemetery before heading to the ship.

FuelScience

I did Paris to Prague, but if you arrive in Luxembourg City in time for lunch you still have an almost 4 hour drive to Paris. And, the bus drivers have to stop for a break, so I would guess you'd be in Paris by dinner time. Try checking with Viking though to be sure.

BTW, we didn't have time for both a walking tour and a decent lunch in Luxembourg so we opted for a leisurely lunch. Went to The Chocolate House on Rue de Marche aux Herbes- delicious. It's opposite the palace, so if you sit outside, you have a great scene to take in. If you do the walking tour, plan on fast food.

Thank you Peggy T. Also thanks for your detailed "blog" on the COL cruise. Lots of good info.

For our 2 nites in Prague, we plan to dine at the Café Imperial, and the Sivovarsky Club.

Where did you dine in Paris for the 2 nites you were there (Le Meridien??)?

Bruce

Bruce, we extended our trip in Paris and but unfortunately didn't dine out much as my sister was very tired. I got several take out meals from the gourmet grocery store in the shopping mall across the street - it's on the lower level. We had lunch one day at a Provencal restaurant just up the street from the hotel - go out the front door and turn left. It was very good. And, our splurge for the trip was dinner at the Eiffel Tower - I made reservations several months in advance. We didn't eat at Jules Vernes, but at 58 Eiffel.

Hope that you have a wonderful trip - we loved our cruise.