Obstructed balcony question

pcanluv2travel

I was given an upgrade to an obstructed balcony on Regal Princess. VERY exciting! Question: first upgrade was to E501 which had a lifeboat obstruction. Not too bad. Boat was even with the balcony floor. Now I have been upgraded to a 'deluxe' balcony upstructed, E621. This one has a tender in front of it, which is much higher.

Anyone have pictures of this cabin? What is better, having reg balcony with better view (which I was happy with) or a deluxe balcony with a big tender in our view?

Kind of bummed they changed it, but extremely grateful for the upgrade.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

If your more concerned about the view than the additional love seat you've gained, I would 'run' from that 'upgrade' and request your old cabin back. The tender is BIGGER than the lifeboat, with a raised seating area on top, that blocks even more of your view...

This is from Renmar's site...you can see the cabins are numbered on the exterior Emerald Deck images:

Look also at the picture of E607, that'll be pretty much exactly what E621 will be like.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Ask them to check:

- any other available Emerald Deck 'obstructed view' balcony

- a better location of any Deluxe cabin on Emerald Deck forward of E520

...if they have any, have the deck plan handy to check it.

Good luck!

;)

Thanks! That felt kind of rude to me. I am working with my TA to see if he can change it back. Was looking for suggestions here. Wanted to see if it was worth fighting for or even possible to do so.

But if it made Tom feel better making a snide comment, I let him bask in his HIGHHORSENESS.

Thanks for sticking up for me.

It doesn't hurt for you to go back to your travel agent and fight for a better cabin despite the 'upgrade' - that's part of their job as well. I was a travel agent myself for 10+ years, so I know what they are capable of.

I spent two weeks on Royal Princess in December 2013 and absolutely loved the ship, so I hope you really enjoy Regal Princess...I'm booked on her myself for this coming December.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Thanks! My TA got it changed for me! An even better cabin! Yippie!!

See how that worked out? Way too cool! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And please don't forget to take pictures of your balcony, that way we can post them to Renmar's site to help others in the future.

Let the countdown begin!

Thanks! That felt kind of rude to me. I am working with my TA to see if he can change it back. Was looking for suggestions here. Wanted to see if it was worth fighting for or even possible to do so.

But if it made Tom feel better making a snide comment, I let him bask in his HIGHHORSENESS.

Thanks for sticking up for me.

Oops! The all caps was on and I wasn't paying attention. I apologize if you were offended by my prior post. It just seemed as though you had already made the upgrade decision that you didn't like and were asking this forum if you should in fact make the upgrade. I was confused!

Just a suggestion, if there aren't any other acceptable staterooms on this cruise and you would like a nice stateroom, have you considered at looking at availability on the same cruise but a slightly different date?

I appreciate your apology Tom. I just didn't think your comment was nessasary. There was nothing helpful or informative about it.

I came on here for advice. Isn't that what the message boards are for? Your comment did nothing but criticize my comment.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, why bother commenting? I wanted to know if I should bother trying to switch to another cabin or if it wasn't a big deal.

Anyway....I hope you have a nice day. 😀