NCL Glassbottom Boat and Snorkel Excursion

twinsmom2001

You can book this excursion on your own for a lesser price. There is a booth as you get off the ship that has all kinds of excursions you can book. We rarely book excursions on the ship and have saved lots of money doing it ourselves.

You can book this excursion on your own for a lesser price. There is a booth as you get off the ship that has all kinds of excursions you can book. We rarely book excursions on the ship and have saved lots of money doing it ourselves.

Thanks. Do you happen to know the name of the company running the booth or the excursion? We normally do not book with the cruiseline either, but my husband really wants to do this excursion and there will be 2 ships docked at the same time. We wanted to reserve a head of time so it is not all booked.

The company that does it out of the Dockyard area is called FantaSea Glass Bottom Boat Tours. You can find some reviews on Tripadvisor. I have never done this tour but I know that you can make reservations right there at the Dockyard after you arrive. You can probably find them on the internet and contact them ahead of time. Enjoy your trip to Bermuda. It is my very favorite place to visit. I always can find something new to explore.

• 3 weeks later...

It is quite a walk to get to the boat but, if you check at customer service aboard ship, they will probably help him get there with a wheelchair assist. Just have to ask. If you are coming in on RCCI ship, there is a Dockyard Trolley that picks you up right as you exit the ship and will drop you off near the Glass Bottom Boats. At the Heritage Wharf end, where NCL ships dock, you have to walk about half of the length of the ship to catch the Dockyard Trolley. NCL Guest Services probably could arrange for a wheelchair drop off at the pick up point for the Trolley.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved the glass bottom boat tour. I stayed upstairs and did not go with the people down below and saw just as much! I had a chance to talk with the tour guide (Jim) which was fun. The glass bottom boat dock is about a 2 block walk from the end do the ship pier. I don't do well with long distances, but had no trouble at all. We enjoyed it so much we are doing it again, booking through NCL. It is not a huge boat so probably fills up fast. 1 1/2 hours on the beautiful blue sea with nice company...what's not to like?

• 1 year later...

I am bumping this post as I'm also curious about anyone's recent experiences on this specific excursion. I called NCL's shore excursion line and they were not at all helpful and just read me the same description I can read myself!

I am not interested in an outside company as I want to do this the last day in port and am paranoid about missing the boat.

I'm wondering specifically about options if I don't want to snorkel. Is there a small beach area I can swim/wade to?

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Rising Son catamaran. We booked it ourselves after much research. It was the exact same as the one NCL books for you but about $20 less. When we questioned NCL they literally had no answer as to why it was better to book through them other than they did it for us...

We did it on Friday morning and we're back in plenty of time to eat lunch on board and even do some shopping before boarding to sail away. The RSC owner was awesome and went above and beyond for everyone on our trip(70 of us!)

Lots on our sailing had booked like us and just as many through NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by a2stylist