Buccaneer (Open Bar) Stingray/Catamaran?

Sablerose

I've seen a bunch of posts saying people were "going to" take this excursion, has anyone done it yet? Seems like a good deal, and a good time slot, for $39/pp.

We're going to be in GC for our very first time and this will be essentially our first cruise, so I'm hesitant to book an excursion that's not through the ship. But not being crammed in like some of the ship excursions are going to be, will be a huge plus.

Any concrete reviews of this particular excursion through Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions?

Thank you in advance!

Sablerose,

When I first looked into this excursion, it sounded to me like they had an open bar too. I actually thought they may serve rum punch, soda, & water with the excursion, but anything else would be extra. That's why I emailed them for clarification. Personally, I think their website is a little confusing. It still sounds like a good tour though. :) We'll be there on Nov. 19th, on Celebrity's Century. Can't wait!!! :D I hope the upgrade fairy pays you a visit. wizard.gif

We were on the Buccanear in August and loved it. Not crowded, nice boat ride and the 2 snorkel stops and stringray stop provides a nice variety. Easy access in and out of the boat. Enjoyable smooth ride.

Cash bar, open after the last snorkel stop.

they stopped at the barrier reef around GC, stingray city, and I think one stop was at Coral Gardens. Plenty of time to snorkel and at Stingray City.

If you've never snorkeled before, make sure and ask for instruction particularily in regards to wearing the mask to prevent fogging and leakage. If you don't ask, they assume you've snorkeled before and don't need instruction.

Stringray City was great!

We did the Buccaneer on our last cruise and it was awesome! We even bought the DVD that they took. We had 3 stops, including Stingray City, Coral Gardens and the Reef. We each got to hold and kiss a stingray for 7 years good luck, and got a Stingray massage! While at the reef the guide baited a Morey eel out for us to see and take pictures of. The boat was easy to get off of and on to. We had a great time! Don't be discouraged when you see their booth behind the bakery, it is just that, a booth! (There is free internet at the bakery and delicious food!) You will be taken by a bus to the boat and from there it is awesome!

Have a great time!

Michelle,

Thanks for the mini review! We leave Saturday & will be on the Buccaneer a week from today! :D I'm really looking forward to it! Does anyone (Michelle?) know how much the DVD is?

I can't remember if it was $40 or $60. Not inexpensive, but well done. We got it within just a few weeks. Great music overlaid on the video. They did a good job of getting everyone kissing the rays and getting a Stingray massage! Great pics of the eel, too.

I wish I were with you!

Have a great time.

Archived