Electrical Question

Jackiealu

I am sure this question has been asked, but I can't find the answer. Will we need an electrical current converter or plug adaptors on the Tahitian Princess?

Also, we will be staying 3 nights pre cruise at the Intercontinental, will we need these items at the hotel?

We will need to recharge batteries for camera and want to make sure we have everything we need.

Thanks for any info.

Jackie

Hi Jackie!

We were wondering the same thing about the electrical outlets at the hotel and I found out on the IBC website that the outlets in the bathrooms are 110 V and the rest of the room is 220 V (standard). I remember on board ship, that hairdryers won't work in the bathroom outlets, but will work in the rest of the cabin. So, I guess we won't bring our converter this trip.:)

John

Just returned from Moorea and everything is 220v. That being said, if you check your charger, you may find that is takes both 110 and 220. Hertz (cycles) are 50-60. I did not bring a converter as all our electrical (hairdryer, curling iron, PDA, camera and computer) are rated at both settings. You may want to take European adaptors for the plugs but that wasn't necessary in our room. The plugs had slots for a North American plug. If however you have any "grounded" plugs, they will not fit into anything without another adapter that takes a 3 prong male and has a 2 prong male on the other end.

Hope this isn't too confusing. If so, I'll try to provide further information. Just ask.

Archived