Bermuda-Tropical Storm Nate

awm

Tropical Storm Nate Advisory Number 7

Statement as of 5:00 am EDT on September 07, 2005

at 5 am EDT...0900z...the Bermuda Weather Service has issued atropical storm watch for Bermuda.

For storm information specific to your area...including possibleinland watches and warnings...please monitor products issuedby your local weather office.

At 5 am EDT...0900z...the center of Tropical Storm Nate was locatednear latitude 28.8 north... longitude 66.5 west or about 260miles... 420 km... south-southwest of Bermuda.

Nate is drifting toward the northwest near 2 mph... 4 km/hr. Agradual turn toward the north or north-northeast is expected tooccur later today and on Thursday. On the forecast track...Nate isforecast to pass near or just south of Bermuda Thursday night orFriday morning.

Maximum sustained winds are near 70 mph...110 km/hr...with highergusts. Some strengthening is forecast during the next 24 hours...andNate could become a hurricane later today.

Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 90 miles...150 km from the center.

The estimated minimum central pressure is 990 mb...29.23 inches.

Repeating the 5 am EDT position...28.8 N... 66.5 W. Movementtoward...northwest near 2 mph. Maximum sustainedwinds... 70 mph. Minimum central pressure... 990 mb.

An intermediate advisory will be issued by the NationalHurricane Center at 8 am EDT followed by the nextcomplete advisory at 11 am EDT.

I'm now a little more concerned about Ophelia..... as it's spinning so slowly of the east coast. I think there si more of a chance of Ophelia delaying ships (Grandeur) return to ports (Baltimore). Grandeur, I think is in Coz. today, but due in Port Canaveral on friday.... then Baltimore sunday for the 5 day to Bermuda... Oh well, glad I have insurance.

Archived