Solstice Review- South Pacific March 2015

Aza1972

I was on this cruise also (one of the people playing bocce who your cute child stole balls from). It wasn't like it was a serious game or something! :)

Having booked a 4 dinner package on Silhouette last year I wanted to book the 3 dinner package for this cruise but online the only option available was a 5 dinner package. I didn't want 5 dinners so decided to wait until on board to book.

On board I went to Murano on the first day to book the 3 dinner package when the staff member there advised there were no packages available to buy on board, the only one had been the 5 dinner package available exclusively online. I was quite disappointed. I don't know why this cruise was different, but it perhaps could have been to do with the fact the specialty restaurants were basically sold out every night throughout the cruise?

Hope they continue to offer packages in the future because at full price it's too much once you've done them before.

OMG that is too funny

We booked our specialty restaurants once onboard but could not do the package due to the little fella not being allowed in Murano. Totally cool with that though and thoroughly enjoyed the others

Thanks for your lovely review. We're looking forward to a 14 night cruise on the Solstice in January and are even in your cabin (or you were in ours!). This will be our 3rd trip to AU/NZ - we weren't seriously thinking about booking the trip for another year or so until we spotted the aft balcony available. Really glad to hear how much you enjoyed it!

This information is easily available and found on the Celebrity website. here is the link for specialty dining packages.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-specialty-dining-packages#top

I don't see the prices listed on that link, seems they've changed things where you need to login to your cruise planner to view and book. Talk about make things harder than they need to be....

Do you know if the 3 resturant package was available to buy on the ship?If so how much?Thanks for any info

But it's a valid question, as it relates to pricing/available to book once onboard.

Whilst yes they most certainly are we found the 3 night package was $10 pp dearer than the pre purchase price shown (or was) on the website. Not much, but definitely different pricing once on board.

Also on Solstice 22 Mar sailing they offered a 50% off special on the first night for any speciality restaurant. During the cruise they often offered nightly discounts of around 20-30% for any restaurants that were not heavily booked.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your lovely review. We're looking forward to a 14 night cruise on the Solstice in January and are even in your cabin (or you were in ours!). This will be our 3rd trip to AU/NZ - we weren't seriously thinking about booking the trip for another year or so until we spotted the aft balcony available. Really glad to hear how much you enjoyed it!

The aft cabin was great. Very quiet, amazing views and the extra walk to the elevators meant we could consume extra calories with a little less guilt.

Thank you, Aza1972, your review was most interesting. We are considering Solstice for a Sydney-Auckland cruise later this year.

One thing concerned me - you said your cabin was rather warm and there was no way of changing the temperature, correct? That could be a deal-breaker for me, I am very sensitive to over-warm rooms, especially at night. I don't sleep well in hot rooms and if I don't sleep well I won't enjoy the cruise.

Both other ships I've sailed on had adjustable air-con. The lowest setting was still a tad too warm for me but bearable.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Thank you, Aza1972, your review was most interesting. We are considering Solstice for a Sydney-Auckland cruise later this year.

One thing concerned me - you said your cabin was rather warm and there was no way of changing the temperature, correct? That could be a deal-breaker for me, I am very sensitive to over-warm rooms, especially at night. I don't sleep well in hot rooms and if I don't sleep well I won't enjoy the cruise.

Both other ships I've sailed on had adjustable air-con. The lowest setting was still a tad too warm for me but bearable.

You could adjust the control with either cool or warm. I also tend to be a little that way with the heat but it certainly did not take away from he enjoyment. The other factor was we sailed to a much warmer region than where you will be going. The temperature averaged around 30 degrees on my days on the cruise and even a little warmer at some of the islands

You could adjust the control with either cool or warm. I also tend to be a little that way with the heat but it certainly did not take away from he enjoyment. The other factor was we sailed to a much warmer region than where you will be going. The temperature averaged around 30 degrees on my days on the cruise and even a little warmer at some of the islands

Thanks for that info, Aza1972.

That's a good point. Our last two cruises were to the South Pacific and I was OK on those ... just. NZ will be decidedly cooler, especially in November or December. :)