Nassau advice please

Mallefiscent

Our ship will be in port from 7 am to midnight and it is only two of us travelling.

Is it possible to see the forts in the morning, come back for lunch, visit the pirate museum and then see the cloisters? Are they all within walking distance or would we need to hire a tour guide? I'm not a big fan of doing the ship excursions . . . too many people. Can anyone recommend a good private company?

I was there in January and toured the forts. I was not impressed with the forts or the stories they tried to convey. The staff were disinterested and only interested in tips. As far as structuring your port visit the way you describe, I dint think there's a problem with that. If you need to get somewhere that is too far to walk, cabs are plentiful and cheap if you want to do it on your own.

Thanks for the info.

The friend I am going with is a huge history buff so the forts are kind've a must do for him. I'm not much of a water person, so that rules out the beaches, etc for me. I know it seems weird to do a Bahamas cruise when you don't really like water, but I enjoy the relaxation of cruising. I am hoping to get some nice sunset photos at the cloister, and the pirate museum just looks like fun.

I have read through some of these threads. What is Senor Frogs? Is there anything good to do at night?

You can easily walk to Fort Fincastle and the pirate museum; they're both fairly near cruise terminal. Fort Charlotte is a bit of a hike, but not terrible, maybe 25-35 minutes. I haven't been to Fort Montague, but based on the maps I don't think I'd want to walk it.

The Cloisters is on Paradise Island, and you wouldn't want to walk all the way from the cruise terminal. You could take a cab straight there, or take a cab to Atlantis or the Marina Village and walk from there (about 15 minutes from the Marina Village).

Senor Frog's is a chain of restaurant/bars that is pretty much ubiquitous in cruise ports. From all accounts they're perfectly adequate, but not really a local experience.

Señor Frogs is a raucous and loud bar. It's pretty fun if you're tipping a few. Other than Señor Frogs, there's Fat Tuesday and maybe some things to do at Atlantis. The midnight sail away on the pool deck is fun.