Med in October

We will be in Paris Sept 28-Oct1 and then to Venice to tour the Med on the Millinium. What will the weather bee at those times? What should we take - summer or fall - jackets?

Joann/Jerry

I have been in Paris mid October and have worn an unlined coat especially in the evening over a sweater just to give you some idea,but sometimes it has been on the warmer side.Venice maybe cooler than other places you are going as well so a jacket is a must.I would say light fall clothes would be best,but again depending on your cruise. here is a link that you can check usual temps.Have a great cruise,and a wonderful stay in Paris.

Weatherbase

COULDN'T GET THROUGH ON THAT SERVER. I PROBABLY DON'T KNOW HOW. E.MAIL ME AT jhuffiis@sbcglobal.net. I PROBABLY HAVE ALREADY ASKED YOU WHAT YOU ARE TAKING BUT DID YOU SEE THE MESSAGE ABOVE? IT COULD BE COOL ENOUGH FOR A JACKET. PROBABLY IT WILL BE ABOARD SHIP.

TIME IS GETTING NEAR - JUST 18 DAYS UNTIL WE LEAVE FOR PARIS. I AM ALREADY PACKING.

SEE YOU SOON

JO ANN

Been to the Mediterranean in October on 3 cruises. Weather has varied. It has usually been weather where you need a light jacket. Twice I was in Athens. One year it was hot (I wore a short sleeve shirt) We were standing at the Partheneon and here I was sweating like I was back in Florida! The next year, the same month (October) I was standing at the Parthenon freezing my behind off! I had on a long sleeve shirt, cardigan and a windbreaker! It was windy, damp, cold and miserable!

I guess what I am trying to say is-- bring layers! The weather changes so much. Either way be sure to bring something that will repel the rain, a few long and short sleeve shirts and at least one or two sweaters in case it is cold. Even bring your bathing suit, as you go further south it can be warm. Again, one time, it wasn't warm but cool.

I am going to the Med. in October again this year and that is how I plan to pack my suitcase! It is a pain and it sure would be easier to pack one type of clothing but I have found, based on experience, that is how to do it!

I hope you have a terrific vacation!!!! Have fun!

Archived