Forward or aft section of the ship?

Kingofwylietx

I've read that so many people seem to enjoy the aft cabins on the ships. Frequently, they say the view is spectacular.

To me, it seems that looking forward to where you are heading would be a better view (unless you really liked where you were...lol). Plus, I thought the breeze would be nice in the front. However, the aft seems much more preferred in posts I've read.

Can someone enlighten me? I have a PH w/large balcony booked for an upcoming cruise. It is on deck 8 of the Sky. Now, I'm wondering if I should upgrade to the AFT PH w/large balcony, which shows available on deck 8 right now.

Thoughts?

The aft is traditionally considered a smoother ride than forward. The forward cabins will rise and fall with the waves more than other parts of the ship, and the stabilizers won't help with up and down motion. So, anyone prone to seasickness (or afraid of it) might prefer further back.

My brother-in-law - a career sailor in the Navy and merchant marine - said if you start feeling queasy, go out on deck, look at the horizon, and get some fresh air. (It's always worked for me.)

Aft cabins give you a view of the port as you sail away in the sunset (depending on the direction you're sailing.)