Jade 18Apr Rome to Venice/Available early access Vatican and Rome to ship transfer

Rocket J

Hi all, I am copying and pasting a post listed on the Jade 18Apr Roll Call board. Thanks for reading. Looking for two to replace us on the early access Vatican tour. Also need two to replace us on the private transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia. I secured discounts from both vendors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guest4254 / Jade 18April Roll Call

Hi All,

Due to illness, the couple we were sharing our shuttle from Rome to Civit, and a private tour of the Vatican, had to cancel their cruise (and an extra week in Italy) While we're wishing our friend a speedy recovery, and are very saddened that they won't be joining us, we now have room for at least 2 more people on the shuttle from Central Rome to the port around noon on Saturday April 18. I believe the charge was 130€, regardless of how many people. I will confirm that. (Edit - 130Eur for 4 people. I might be able confirm for more. Eric / Rocket J)

We also had a private Vatican tour scheduled for 8:15am that morning, figuring we'd be done by 11:15, with enough time to get back to the hotel, where the shuttle will pick us up. Our friends were at a different hotel, but Roma Shuttle Service was going to pick us up at our respective hotels. I don't have the price of the Vatican Tour handy (it's late here in NJ, and I just wanted to get this info out there asap, as we're getting close to shove off time.)

If anyone is interested in either of the above please let me know!

Harry and Debbie

Hi All - I am tacking on to Harry's post. Unfortunately we are the two who need to cancel our trip - was going to be 21days. Here are details of the Saturday, 18Apr early access Vatican Tour. I was able to get a 15% discount off of their published tour price:

http://www.vaticantoursinc.com/vatic...can.php?id=495

"We will be very happy to offer the tour with early access to Vatican Museums. I suggest April 18th at 0815 am so you will have access 45 minutes before the Vatican opens to general public".

"We see the Sistine Chapel after Raphael Rooms and before St Peters Basilica, still with the crowds behind us. On average during the three hour tour we spend 1.45 minutes in Vatican Museums, 30 minutes in the Sistine Chapel and 45 minutes in St Peters Basilica".

The cost of the tour is E 240 for party of four minus your 15% discount plus admissions with priority passes at E 29/person"

This makes per person total EUR80.00. Please let me or Harry know if you are interested.

The private car transfer is confirmed with Roma Shuttle - http://www.romashuttle.com. The booking is currently set to pick up each couple from two hotels in the "greater Piazza Navona" area. I might be able to get that adjusted for same price (need to verify) if you are in a different area of Rome. The price is currently EUR130 for 4 people which is a EUR20 discount off of their published price. Payment is due upon completion of the transfer. Gratuity not included and optional. Here is an excerpt from the current comfirmation email:

"Dear Eric.

Thank you for contacting romashuttle.com!

The cost for your request is 150€ - 20€ discount = 130€.

Prices are not per person! The extra 10€ is for the extra stop.

Yes we can collect you from both hotel and leave you in front of your cruise ship.

Takes about 1h&30min to get to the port.

We will use a 7 seats van so don't worry about your luggage.

No extra costs for payment in euro cash to the driver. "

Please let me or Harry know if you are interested. Even though I am unfortunately out of the picture, if you would be more than 2 passengers to replace us I can see what type of price they might offer.

Eric