2015 Dawn Questions

amberjohn

We (2 adults mid-fifties, daughter 23, son 20) are planning on taking the Boston-Bermuda cruise from Boston on July 10th 2015.

Some questions:

If I book the July cruise and find a better rate, do they honor it?

We are booking an inside cabin. Is the middle of the ship better than the front or back? Is it better to get a higher or lower deck (I think decks 5-10 are available) ?

Any advice on where to park in Boston for the cruise ?

What is the proper tip (per bag) for the Cruise terminal Porters?

What is the earliest I should get to the port? What time do they start checking us in?

I think I am a Latitude Member (Bronze). Is the Welcome party for members worth going to?

What drinks are included in the Main Dining Rooms ?

Does anyone have the menu for the Blue Lagoon? Do they still have chicken wings?

Are there any Bermuda tours (either through the ship or independently) that you recommend that are worth the cost?

What is the average cost of drinks (alcohol) at Royal Naval Dockyard compared to on the ship ?

If we plan on doing a day trip around Bermuda and need to carry snack/food and drinks with us, what are we allowed to take off the ship in our knapsacks?

Thanks

Edited by amberjohn

We (2 adults mid-fifties, daughter 23, son 20) are planning on taking the Boston-Bermuda cruise from Boston on July 10th 2015.

Some questions:

If I book the July cruise and find a better rate, do they honor it? If it is before the final payment date you can get an adjustment. Once you reach final payment you can't. Final payment is 75 days out, so it is getting close for a July cruise.

We are booking an inside cabin. Is the middle of the ship better than the front or back? Is it better to get a higher or lower deck (I think decks 5-10 are available) ? What is better? If you are looking for less motion then a lower deck toward the middle of the ship is better, if motion is not an issue, then inside cabins are pretty much the same throughout the ship.

Any advice on where to park in Boston for the cruise ?

What is the proper tip (per bag) for the Cruise terminal Porters? It is a gratuity. Give what you want most people suggest at least a dollar a bag.

What is the earliest I should get to the port? What time do they start checking us in? We arrive around 10:30, usually on board by noon.

I think I am a Latitude Member (Bronze). Is the Welcome party for members worth going to? We don't go to it so I can't give you any thoughts.

What drinks are included in the Main Dining Rooms ? Water, tea, coffee, milk.

Does anyone have the menu for the Blue Lagoon? Do they still have chicken wings?

Are there any Bermuda tours (either through the ship or independently) that you recommend that are worth the cost?

What is the average cost of drinks (alcohol) at Royal Naval Dockyard compared to on the ship ?

If we plan on doing a day trip around Bermuda and need to carry snack/food and drinks with us, what are we allowed to take off the ship in our knapsacks?

Thanks

Some answers in red above.