Can I check our luggage early (Dawn)

GWAE

On Saturday we were planning on spending our day in NOLA by foot but the weather reports are showing that it may be ugly on Saturday. We are thinking about picking up a rental car at the airport and then returning it before the cruise in the FQ. It is only $18 so it is actually cheaper than a taxi anyways, other than paying for parking.

My question is, if we decide to rent a car then we will need to return it before 11am. Our boarding time is 12 and it says not to arrive more than an hour before. Can I drive by around 10:20 and drop off our luggage at that time? I could return the car and get a taxi but if I can drop off the luggage it would be easier than lugging all of our bags.

BTW, can someone call my wife and tell her we are only going away for 8 days and not 4 months.

My family sailed the Dawn in January of this year. We arrived at the port around 10:30, checked our bags in, went inside to wait for the check in process to begin. We had no issue what so ever. A short wait inside then quickly through security and then check in process. We were offered group one for boarding originally but once I advised them we were in a suite we were quickly shown to the VIP check in area and lounge. I think you will be fine dropping your bags off then.