"Chill out" package from Fun Shops

jazm2011

Just wondered if anyone has purchased the chill-out water/soda/beer package online thru Carnival? Was curious, specifically, about the size and quality of the cooler.

Does it fully enclose/zip with the beers in there? Does the melted ice eventually leak? Any/all info is appreciated.

Edited by jazm2011

We got the chill out package as a gift. The cooler was nice and big and perfect for all of our sodas, drinks, ice etc. It did not leak if you emptied the sitting water out a couple times a day. If you left the sitting water in there you have to set the cooler in the bathroom because it will eventually soak through. So basically, empty it out on a semi-regular basis (2-3 times a day or less) and you should be fine. Good quality cooler, I'm taking it on my next cruise in May because I liked it so much and it zips and is spacious.

I didn't measure it but I would guess it's 12x12x12...seemed plenty big enough for sodas, red bull and beer. Plus it collapses so I'm taking mine on my next cruise as well to have in the room. This is the square cooler they're currently selling with the package. They have older round ones which we have one of also but that one leaked and was silver.

We purchased it last year when it was the round one. Our room steward put a plastic beer bucket in it before he filled it with ice and put it on a towel. We've used it a few times back home and I don't think that it leaks - but it does sweat so you need to put a towel under it. We ordered the new one for my Brother and we will bring ours with us - we sail next Sunday!

I've looked at these also and wondered if you could use them to take bottled water or sodas off the ship with this? For instance, on a port day being spent at a beach, this would be a good thing as we're traveling with our grandson. Just curious if you can take water and soda off the ship into port?

I've looked at these also and wondered if you could use them to take bottled water or sodas off the ship with this? For instance, on a port day being spent at a beach, this would be a good thing as we're traveling with our grandson. Just curious if you can take water and soda off the ship into port?

Yes.

Just wondered if anyone has purchased the chill-out water/soda/beer package online thru Carnival? Was curious, specifically, about the size and quality of the cooler.

Does it fully enclose/zip with the beers in there? Does the melted ice eventually leak? Any/all info is appreciated.

We pre ordered one on our last cruise. Leaked terribly. Called GS and they replaced it and the replacement did not leak. They also let us keep the old one which we used as a tote. Kept 5-6 beers in it all the time. Steward refilled it with ice at least twice a day and placed it on a towel on the countertop. It did sweat a little. Zips up fully. Remember that the beers will not be cold when you get it. Also get an opener and 4 Carnival cups and 2 can coolies.

Edited by WindsorFred