Sonny Liston tour what did you think?

showcat

:) Im going to Saint Thomas and Im thinking about taking a Sonny Liston tour, can any of you who have done a tour with him let me know how it is, I've heard he is very good. Is the bus open air or air conditioned? How long can you spend at the beach? Can you customize the tour to fit your tastes. For instance I would rather have more beach time then shopping time.

We went on Sunny's tour last month, and we loved it. He is very personable and entertaining. He played music during the tour and we sang along. It was like a big party. He showed up at the ship as planned at 10:00 a.m. holding a sign with our name and took us into town for shopping. You can e-mail or call him with any questions or preferences, and he will get right back to you. Basically, you have a choice of 1, 2 or 3 hours of shopping. He does the shopping portion of the tour in the morning, picking up at 9, 10 or 11. Then he does the island tour around noon until 1:30 or so, and then the to Sapphire Beach. We were picked up at the beach at 3:45 and made it back to the ship in plenty of time. The busses are open and not air conditioned, so bring plenty of water because it is hot. Btw, the famous banana daiquari on Mountaintop is highly overrated and overpriced. Check out the link to my photos - there are some pictures of the tour. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info Sun Luva, I am looking forward to this tour, and would rather help the local economy then give the cruise ship all my money :D So basically the time you leave at 9 10 or 11 just allows for more or less shopping time is that it? Do all his tours return around 3:45? Would that allow enough time for me to take the tram to Paradise point? My ship leaves at 5pm.

We went with Sunny last January and found him to be the highlight of our cruise. We were picked up at 9:00, went shopping for 2 hours, the tour and to the beach for 3 hours. Sunny will try to accomodate your every wish-but I believe he goes with the majority of the passengers. There were eight in our group so we took an extra hour at the beach instead of shopping.

The best thing to do is to e-mail him and find out what he can do for you if you want to adjust the normal schedule. Six of us rode in the open air cab-while two others rode in the cab with Sunny which I'm quite certain was air conditioned.

From what I've read about Sunny and what I experienced, I would be willing to guarantee you thoroughly enjoy your time with Sunny. Again, get in touch with him. He will want to know what time you arrive and leave and try to help out. Also, I agree with Sunluva7 on the banana daiquiri.

Thanks for the info Sun Luva, I am looking forward to this tour, and would rather help the local economy then give the cruise ship all my money :D So basically the time you leave at 9 10 or 11 just allows for more or less shopping time is that it? Do all his tours return around 3:45? Would that allow enough time for me to take the tram to Paradise point? My ship leaves at 5pm.

We didn't feel the need to take the tram to Paradise point - we had seen all the great views we needed from the tour. But if you want to fit the Tram in, contact Sunny and see what he can do for you. By the time we got back to the ship it was after 4:00 p.m., so you might be better off doing the tram in the morning before the tour - he may be able to pick you up there, after that, and drop you off for shopping.

Im all set with Sonny, Im looking forward to his tour. Im not a morning person so I don't know if I can fit the tram in then, I might not since Sonny said the view he takes you to is even higher. Sonny is very nice and called me and also answered my questions by email. Sure can't beat his prices. I can't wait to snokle at Sapphire!

Archived