Question re:sending gift packages to stateroom

karensi

DD and her family will be sailing on the Majesty, out of Miami, in October. I would like to send a gift basket to their cabin,as a surprise for them. I have 2 questions, can I send a basket with a bottle of wine or champagne in it as RCI now has the new "no room consumption" rule and ,if so, can anyone reccommend a company to use that is located in Miami? TIA, Karen

You can contact Shelly with Just Because of You. She does awesome gift baskets for much less than the cruise line does and she can pretty much put whatever you want in the basket. I use her for ALL of my gift basket needs to cruise ships. The phone number is 1-800-882-9707. Hope this helps

Thank you everyone, and just to confirm, I CAN send wine and/ or champagne to the room via the gift baskets, even though RCI has the new rule about not drinking in the cabin? I will call one or two of the above mentioned places this week. Karen

Friends just got back from Sovereign, and we used RCCL to decorate the room with streamers and a door sign, plus a Happy Birthday cake for a total of $29.00. It was their first cruise, and they loved walking into a fully-decorated cabin. We also gave them a $50.00 onboard credit to use. We did everything through RCCL at (800) 722-5443.

One slight hiccup was that the couple didn't know about the $50 credit until the last day on a card in their room. The RCCL rep told me that they would receive the card in their stateroom upon embarkation. We wanted them to use it for an excursion or to cover some expenses, but they were thrilled that their bill was reduced by our gift.

Archived