Freeport and Nassua with 8yo and 5yo? Overwhelmed. Help please!

CruiseMom87

Hi all! We are going to Freeport and Nassua in early OCT. We will be traveling with 4 adults and an 8yo and 5yo.

I know we want to spend some time on the beach (doesn't matter which port, or even both). We are ok with snorkeling but Neither boy knows how to swim. Site seeing might be cool. Safety is a top priority.

I'm nervous to book a private excursition because I don't want to miss the boat! Lol. But I'm open to it.

I'm overwhelmed by all the things you can do. Help please!!!?

If the kids don't know how to swim, I would avoid a snorkeling excursion. I haven't been to Freeport, but there are several beach options in Nassau. Poke around on this board some more, as it really depends on what type of beach experience you want.

As for private excursions, those are pretty much all we do. In general, with a ship excursion you pay more for a lesser experience. Do your homework and go with a reputable vendor. There are plenty of reviews and experiences to draw from here on Cruise Critic.

We have not been to Freeport but took a land vacation to Nassau. Have you considered the pirates museum and/or the Ardastra Zoo? If you go to the zoo try to catch the march of the flamingos! I'm sure you can find alot of information on here for both and also the museum and the zoo have websites where you can find pricing, coupons and more information. Good luck with your decision-- have fun!