Dropping Off Rental Car @ Avis Port Canaveral

kikidots

Hi Everyone - Hoping some one can tell me if this makes sense or not... BF and I are renting a car from Avis for the day and returning it to the location near the Port at around Noon the day of our cruise - should we A) Drop the luggage off first to the Port and then return the car and grab the Avis shuttle back to the port or B) Just drop the car off at Avis and bring luggage with us? We will each have one med to large suitcase....

I am wondering which is easiest? I have read a few threads in which ppl have dropped luggage first but is it a crazy fight through traffic to go to the port twice?

I think there are a few ships leaving that day (5/3/15) so this might make it even busier?

Drop the car off first.

You'll have to navigate through all the shuttles and taxis and cars coming and going at the cruise terminal, although by noon the departures should be over. But Avis will shuttle you to the terminal and stop in front of the porters, so you won't have to hunt them down from a car and try to find a spot to park. I think larger groups or people who "pack their closet" for the cruise may be slightly better off dropping the luggage first, but one suitcase and carry-ons is nothing. Heading to Avis first will also likely put you on the ship earlier.