UDP Norwegian Star

Ski Mamma

With our cruise a mere 89 days away, I have begun making plans in earnest. One of the first things I did was attempt to make reservations in the specialty restaurants on board the Norwegian Star. I had no problem whatsoever booking 4 of the restaurants on the website BUT although the ship information lists Cagney's as a specialty restaurant, it is NOT in the list of those for which advance reservations can be made. I find this quite puzzling, and I was hoping that someone could please explain to me why this is so. We definitely want to dine at Cagney's twice while on our Baltic cruise, and I would love to be able to make reservations for the two nights I have left unreserved to date.

Thanks for any insight, information and/or explanation for this strange discrepancy.

Edited by Ski Mamma
change icon

I do appreciate the prompt reply to my question. I read through the link that was included, and while it does help to explain what is going on, it does not please me at all. IF everyone has to wait until the cruise to reserve Cagney's, I can only imagine the resulting chaotic scene, and IF Cagney's will no longer be included as an option on the UDP, I feel for those who will have to field all of the complaints.

This is our first large ship cruise, and our first on NCL, and my expectations just keep falling. While everyone raves about the Baltic ports in the reviews, there are far fewer raves about the ship and especially about the food. Additionally, the nickel and diming mentality that seems to prevail, and be increasing, in this form of travel is very discouraging and also condescending.

My husband and I are very excited about this vacation, and in spite of all, we plan to approach the Star with an open mind. Hopefully our lowering expectations will end up being exceeded. That would be wonderful!

Edited by Ski Mamma

I do appreciate the prompt reply to my question. I read through the link that was included, and while it does help to explain what is going on, it does not please me at all. IF everyone has to wait until the cruise to reserve Cagney's, I can only imagine the resulting chaotic scene, and IF Cagney's will no longer be included as an option on the UDP, I feel for those who will have to field all of the complaints.

This is our first large ship cruise, and our first on NCL, and my expectations just keep falling. While everyone raves about the Baltic ports in the reviews, there are far fewer raves about the ship and especially about the food. Additionally, the nickel and diming mentality that seems to prevail, and be increasing, in this form of travel is very discouraging and also condescending.

My husband and I are very excited about this vacation, and in spite of all, we plan to approach the Star with an open mind. Hopefully our lowering expectations will end up being exceeded. That would be wonderful!

There is nothing so far that is anything but speculation regarding the removal of Cagneys from the UDP. I'm guessing that is not the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Also to see all time slots you will need to cancel any dining reservations that you may have made for that day. I had to call NCL directly...couldn´t figure out how to do it online. Once the reservation for that evening is cancelled ... all time slots show up.

Cagney's is now available for UDP reservations on the NCL Star sailing from Copenhagen on 14 July. Have made ours! Will be visiting each of the specialty during the cruise and hope that we will be reasonably pleased with all of them. Again, our expectations are not the highest, but we are ever hopeful that they will be exceeded :).