Equinox Cruise - April 6 through 17

tonyd285

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Equinox. The staff, the ports, the ship were all terrific. The only downer was our last tour. Our flight from FLL was late (5:45PM) so we decided to take the tour to Sawgrass Mills followed by a dropoff at the airport. Well, everything that could go wrong went wrong. The scheduled departure was 7:30AM. The actual departure from the Equinox was well after 10:AM. We then proceeded to another pier to pick up passengers from the Maasdam. On top of that, our driver who had obviously never been to the mall got lost. She kept calling her dispatcher who evidently gave her confusing instructions. We arrived at the mall after 11:AM. Since some people had flights around 3 the tour company decided to provide a small van to carry them back to the airport. The luggage was removed from the bus and sorted to separate the items for those going back early. This took several minutes. After which the rest of us were told we could stay an extra 45 minutes. I plan to contact Celebrity and ask for a partial refund related to this tour. I will also suggest that they find a different tour operator. Fortunately, for us it was not a serious problem other than the relatively short time at the mall. Maybe I should be thankful since my significant other didn't have too much time to shop.