Will this ruffle some feathers regarding the QM2?

rula40

Hi Mufi (David)

I have not forgotten, I am still waiting for a reply from Cunard; I have received an acknowledgement to my letter, and hope to hear soon.

I have been reading the recent threads from members who have been asking for information on activities and entertainment for the younger set and have been gob smacked by the replies apart from your reply “typical day in July” where you listed a typical day’s events which I note were not commented on.

I agree wholeheartedly with you she is a magnificent ship and an experience not to be missed, but please lets be honest and inform those who are asking for an insight of what to expect.

I would like to take a cruise on the QM2 and I hope that the days and nights would not be so repetitious and a bit livelier.

The average age on my crossing was around 70 years and I only saw around a dozen teenagers, there were a few honeymooners who I would expect found their own entertainment.

I saw lots of smiling but very little laughter. Everyone seemed to be happy and rested, but there was no sparkle.

I would not enjoy as has been suggested a floating theme park or a 18-30 type holiday, but a bit more consideration for those of us who still like to have fun and do not have one foot in the grave and are waiting for god.

Ruffle Ruffle…….

rula40 (Phil)

good to have you back! I presume you have been out there protecting the public but this board has been quite sluggish lately. I don't particularly want to contribute but I love to read the messages. What with Elaine off on her jollies and you working not much has been going on.

Well all I can say is that if everyone is 70-ish, it will at least make me feel young (I will be 59) when we go. Your comments have made me think - as others have done obviously as a result of your contributions- on our other two cruises we were quite busy ashore and therefore our fellow passengers did not have much effect on our wellbeing. However, I suppose if you are all confined together (despite the size of the ship) for 6 days - maybe other people's demeanour does have an affect. It's all experience though!

Hope we get some more snippets.

Heywood

Archived